1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's the recent quality been now that the wait time is so much shorter? I was thinking about getting a smith to build me another custom, but I'd probably spec it out a lot like a Rock River anyway, so... hmm...

(Oh yeah--what exactly is the wait time these days?)

Thanks.

·
Registered
618 Posts
We have nocked down our wait times without cutting down on quality...just ask any of our customers who have recently recieved one of our pistols. Our wait times are down to about 6 months, possibly 8 if you go with the Black T. Reason being, Black T has about a 2 month turnaround on our pistols.

If you go with a Rock River, you will not be disappointed...I will make this a personal guarantee.

Take care everybody and have a great holiday season.

Bob

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I received my first BLM in June 2001 and the pistol was everything I'd hoped for. My home was burglarized in Dec 2001 and the pistol stolen.

I immediately re-ordered and must admit the second BLM is at least as nice as the first one (maybe nicer). The test target is even better.

Now I have an Elite Commando on order and can't wait!

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
That is certainly good news to hear as I have one on order through dubb-1. Dr. Bob, I hope you have healed up good from your auto wreck.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi Dr Bob,

I waited for my gun for close to 18 months.. it was ordered in May of 02 and I just got it about 3 weeks ago. That's a long time to wait.. but in the end, it was worth it. I truly believe this is one of the finest 1911 pistols I've ever shot, let alone actually owned. I just made a similar post in the convince me thread, but it's worth repeating..

My Limited Match is my first RRA, but it absolutely will not be my last one.. That being the case, I'm really happy to hear you've cut delievery time in half.. Y'all will be hearing from me in a week or two.. :)

mavrick

PS, I wasn't on the board for while so I missed the news of your accident, but know our prayers go out to you for a speedy and complete recovery!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts