1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a standard 1911 7 or 8 shot how many mags do you have or would like to have?

I understand some have 10 or so just for combat matches but some guys I know have 3 good ones and just load them over and over. I don't subscribe to that school of thought really. The Mil surp ones have never let me down. Cheaply welded ones have but easily fixed if you know a welder ( or are one yourself and don't burn through). I have about 30 or so 7 rounders for my one 1911 along with a few RANDALL magazines that I baby (given as high school grad gift) they all work but I always feel the need for more.....Loading ammo up and leaving it in mags is fine with me. As long as the springs are quility to start with.

·
Premium Member
6,416 Posts
I have 18 8 round 45acp mags. For IDPA I shoot a 9mm 1911, for that gun I have 27 mags. I've probably got 35 or 40 30 round AR mags. I do not own a pistol or rifle that I do not have at least 6 mags for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 5 mags at the moment. 2 are stock Springers and I have 3 Wilson Combat 8 rounders.

I use the 2 Springfield mags for extra mags at the range, and intend on using the 3 Wilson mags when I carry (1 in the gun and 2 on the belt)

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I have, I think, 26 Wilson Combat 47D's (that's all I use in my 1911's, although I have a couple of ACT mags (never used) that came with my Nighthawk). They stay in my range bag & I use them all. I don't let them hit the ground & try to keep them clean. Never a problem, thus far with any of them.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
I have two Tripp CobraMags that are my gun/carry combo, two Wilson ETM's,
six 47d's, four McCormick PowerMags rebuilt with the Tripp kit, two rebuilt 10 round PowerMags, 14 ACT/Novaks and four Metalform 7 rounders. I also have seven 1911s. My primary are always the CobraMags or the ETM's depending on what gun I'm carrying that day. If asked what one should have for a single 1911, I'd go with six. Best two for carry and four for general purpose/range use.

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
I have 26 47D's, 6 10 rd Powermags and 8 7 rd GI mags, all work like a charm.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I've got to get my wife to read this thread - I need more magazines! I've currently got 5 Wilson's, 2 McCormicks, and about a half dozen Colt's.

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
i just bought six ChipMccormick Power mags and i'm going to replace them with Tripp followers. i might order some Wolff Mags in the coming weeks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts