1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just recently picked up myself a Para LTC from my LGS. I bought it used but not abused, but it is also a little bit older. I was looking at upgrading the grips to the VZ Operator II's in Black sand Pearl to match the gun itself. The gun appears to have a blued frame and slide, with stainless beavertail safety, slide stop, thumb safety, mag release, barrel, and trigger.

I'm trying to figure out which style grips I need to order. I believe it would be the Full-size standard grips?

Also how do I know which sights will work on my slide?

I see there are abbreviationsfor some(P10, S10, etc...) does mine happen to have an abbreviation?

This happens to be my first 1911, and hopefully not my last. I hope I can get some good information and steered into the correct direction.

Thanks,
okkomatz

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congrats on you Para. The LTC is single-action, 4.25" barrel, on a full-size frame. For replacement grips, you will want to order full-size standard, not P-14 grips.

Not certain about the letter prefix, but the numbers following, refers to the pistol's capacity then caliber (ie. 14.45 = 14 rounds, .45 ACP.) The LTC is 7.45 but full capacity is 8+1.

The last time that I had sights replaced on one of my Paras was in 2007, when Para was running a special on Trijicon night sights. The Para Pro Shop has some replacement sights available, but if there is a more specific type or manufacturer, I would recommend contacting the manufacturer directly, as least to find out the correct fitment and model number.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
My Black Ops came VZ Operator II, they are grippy for sure. If you carry IWB and don't wear a t/shirt between you and the grips , they will be uncomfortable. I took a file and hit the sharp point's enough to take them off just a little on the right side. It didn't effect the grippyness.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good info Runt, I think I'll more so carry OWB as in Va we can with no issue, plus it's a sweet looking gun that I don't mind people knowing I'm carrying, BUT if I do go IWB(as that was the holster that came with the purchase) I'll see if I don't like the extra texture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.