1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a NIB MS Series Daly about a month ago. Got to a chance to test it last Friday at the range aftr cleaning it first.
It fired The first two clips of Winchester silvertips with no problem. Then tried American Ammo 230gr. In every mag I loaded it in I got ftfs. Tried same ammo with my Springfield Full size and got the same results. My wife's Ruger eats this stuff up with no problems.

Was it the ammo? I plan on get some more but
trying it again this week but wanted to know if you folks have any comments/suggestions. Thanks

me

·
Registered
671 Posts
First of all, Welcome to the Forum.

I haven't tried American ammo but I do know that some guns just won't eat brand A but will have no problem with brand B or C. Based on your post it is not the gun but the ammo.

Have you tried the silvertips with your ruger?

Try other brands and pls keep us posted.

vega

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome.
The silvertips are what I buy for my wife's gun. They work in the them but then the Ruger seems to take just about anything. I'm going back to the range at the end o this week to pick up my Springfield(was getting some work done on it) and plan on shooting some different ammo in the Daly to see if that makes a difference. Love the gun though. Very accurate. Just don't won't to spend a fortune trying to find the right ammo for it :)

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
American ammo is the absolute worst ammo available, maybe worse than the steel cased crap.

The brass is even useless for reloading with it's off center flash holes and splits after one firing.

It's only redeeming feature is those plastic goofy boxes which I use to store conical bullets that have been lubed with soft BP lube.

It's very likely the cause of your problems even if the ruger likes it (which isn't saying much).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts