1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to pick up a used 1911 for local shop, Kittery Trading Post to be exact for the locals. It looks identical to this, http://www.springfield-armory.com/images/pistols/PX9151LLarge.jpg, is LNIB and they want $625. Salesman guesses 100 rounds through firearm.

Anyway, I am not sure of specific model or not, so I was wondering if I could find PX9151 stamped on the firearm somewhere or if there are any other identifying features? Thanks guys, by the way, is price decent? Right now I have it on hold, no money out of my pocket yet.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The model number is not stamped on the gun, but it is on the original box. The gun in question is just a stainless "loaded" model. That means it will have the forward slide serrations, Swenson style ambi safety, Novak night sights, 3 hole trigger with overtravel adjustment screw, flat ILS mainspring housing, beavertail grip safety and a beveled magazine slot. If its missing any of these, it still may be the correct model but had parts changed out. That's not always a bad thing.

That price is pretty good for a like-new gun.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I am pretty sure the pictured Springer is a 9151 Loaded SS. I have one, too. The box will list the model number. I paid $725, new, three years ago, from a local dealer in Houston.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah Cliffy, sounds like you described. It does have Novak sights, didn't notice if they were night sights or not, if that was a total Noob statement I admit I am guilty. I think I'll go ahead with it then. Any way to get rid of the ILS mainspring housing and the ambi-safety?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts