1911Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question that has been bugging me for several years and maybe you can help.
About 3-7 years ago I saw an article in one of the gun magazines about a customized 1911 made specifically for CQB or CQC. This customized 1911 looked like it had the front of the slide attached to the dust cover to prevent the slide from coming out of battery if the muzzle was pressed against an object. It also had a 3 inch steel spike that extended from the grip (i guess to use if you had more bad guys than ammo, lol).

Does anyone know who made this pistol, there website, what magazine, when it was published, any websites, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Goose

·
Premium Member
6,416 Posts
I saw the thing on the end to keep it from coming out of battery. I think it was made by Briley. I will have to check my old rags

[This message has been edited by eljay45 (edited 12-05-2001).]

·
Administrator
10,946 Posts
IIRC, it was on the cover of American Handgunner, but the one I'm thinking of had a spike that was only about 1.25 inches long.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tim,
That sounds like the same one, do you have anymore information on it? Do you remember what it was called or any website that might have info on it?

Thanks
G

·
Super Moderator
3,117 Posts
This pistol was the cover gun of the July/August 1994 AMERICAN HANDGUNNER. It was written up by Mark Lonsdale in an article entitled STRIKE GUN.

The work was done by Z-M Weapons (Allan Zita). He has a website at www.zmweapons.com

Rosco

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again for your responses. I looked through ZM's website and there was no information about it. Does anyone know of any links to the article or any website that has info about it besides American Handgunner.

Thanks
G

·
Registered
3,082 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I don't know why no one has entered that gun into the Ugliest Gun contests we have here periodically.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Contact and potential out of battery issues: It was primarily because of that article that a friend of mine insisted 1911s and similar guns were flawed.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Originally posted by jpwright:
I don't know why no one has entered that gun into the Ugliest Gun contests we have here periodically.
jp, It certainly does appear as though this may be the gun which put the Uggh in ugly.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Re: Gary...

mr_camera_man said:
That thread link doesn't seem to work on the new server. How would I go about seeing this beast?
Dear mr_camera_man,

I'm very sorry but I really don't know. Next time I'll post the threads title as well as it's link. I went through the posts on the General board back to when I posted the link and looked at the threads which had promising names. Unfortunately my hunt was to no avail and I really can't remember what the thread was even about. I then tried to bring up thread #4196 (the last entry on the link I posted) but it was not the one.

I'm going to post on the Questions and Suggestions board and maybe some one can help you track this down. I wish that I could do more. Stay safe, Gary

1 - 15 of 15 Posts