1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking here for some time and wanted to ask a question of other instructors on this board.

Myself and my partner are considering launching a new wbsite which will be a directory of instructors and trainers. It will be set-up similar to a search engine but will be restricted in scope to instructors and trainers dealing with firearms and other forms of defense.

The initial plans call for 2 levels of listing and each will offer a series of benefits.

The preliminary rates are as follows:

Basic listing - $XX.XX per year (Does not offer many perks).

Premium Listing - $XXX.XX per year with several benefits and perks.

The site itself will be listed with major search engines and will be available to all visitors to search for an instructor or training company in thier area which offers the specialized training they are interested in.

My question is would this be of interest to any of you other instructors. In addition to your comments about interest, I would welcome any suggestions you wish to make regarding the idea.

Thanks

Ronin2003

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think it would be a great idea. I am attempting to create a free one just for those in the Phoenix area that have a web presence. It will help all those that are on it and link to it in search engines such as Google.

-Mike-

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update - Long

Hello to all members of this forum. I wanted to give everyone an update on the status of the new website we are creating.

The Trainers Directory will be launched in the very near future, and we are still seeking initial listing instructors and trainers. We currently have approximately 50 instructors who have signed on board under a special promotion we are offering. The details of the offer are included in the message we sent out below.

The Trainers Directory is a website which is designed to be the premier resource for those seeking firearms training. The way the directory will work is as follows. An individual who is seeking instruction or training will visit the website and enter in the following information: Country, State, and Type of Training sought. Once the user submits this information, they will be brought to a listing of all of the instructors, trainers, or schools in their area, which offer the services they are seeking.

At the present time because the site is still in development (Expected to launch officially by 01/04), we can offer you, if you are interested placement, which will be in the top 20 listings for any reference, which you come up under through a search. This is because we are ranking the listings in the order received as opposed to alphabetically.

The directory will be free for the use by all visitors, and instructors, trainers, or schools will have the option of 2 levels of listing.

As a very special offering because we are aware that the system is new, we are offering the following special pricing in an effort to stimulate the system start-up.

For the first 100 instructors who request a listing within our database, the cost of a premium listing will be $10.00 for the first year plus 6% tax. After which the fees will return to the standard fees as listed within the terms of use.

Below are the standard introductory fees for this new directory system:

A basic listing will be $35.00 per year, which will include the following basic information:

1. Instructor or Trainers Name

2. Address

3. Telephone Contact

4. E-Mail Address

A premium listing will be $75.00 per year, and will include the following benefits and information:

1. Individual or Company Name

2. Address

3. Telephone Contact

4. E-Mail Address

5. Website URL

6. An assigned forum for the listers personal use

7. A calendar for posting upcoming programs

8. A Banner in continual rotation on the main page of
the website

If you would like additional information or to get listed, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]

Regards'

The Trainers Directory

The Internets Premier Resource
for the Firearms Training Industry

www.trainersdirectory.net

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trainers Directory Update

Hello to all,
This message is intended to let all interested instructors and trainers know that there are still slots available under the promotion we are running ($10.00 for the first year).

The site has been developed enough at this point to provide anyone who is interested with a sneak peek.

If you are interested in viewing the pre-release of the site before you request a listing, please e-mail me at [email protected]

D.E. Pisacane
The Trainers Directory

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
FWIW, I've seen the sample site and it's very well done. It's broken down by discipline (tactical pistol, NRA, Force-on-Force, etc.), state, organization and so forth. Navigation is easy and it is clear that the developers have spent considerable time and energy on this project. I'll also say that they have been awesome in the communication department. I think this could be a great asset for the training community and those interested in attending formal training events.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have tried to stay out of this thread because I did not want a conflict of interest to be considered. However I have been asked by The Trainers Directory site admin to provide an endorsement of the project.

For disclosure purposes, I will say that I and my company are the primary investors in this project.

The site admin is a student of mine by the name of Dave Ernest Pisacane. Dave has been a student of mine for some time and has always impressed me as being an up-front honest individual.

When he first approached me about this idea I was reluctant to become involved, but after considerable thought I felt that the concept had merrit and that it could possibly benefit the entire training industry.

I know that at this time the site is very close to its official launch, and that Dave is still seeking instructors, trainers, and schools to add to the directory under the promotional package of $10.60 for the first year for either a basic or premium listing.

For what it is worth, I do recommend a listing within this directory if for no other reason the promotional price cannot be beat, and if only one student or client is obtained through the system, it has more than paid for itself many times over.

While it is preferred that inquiries be directed to Dave himself, I will answer any questions which are sent to me as well.

Be Safe

Bryan S. Williams
Williams Associates Protective Services, LLC
www.wa-protective.com

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Trainers Directory Is Now Online

Hello to all,
I wanted to take this opportunity to let everyone know that The Trainers Directory is now online and fully functional.

The site is located at www.trainersdirectory.net and is still accepting listings under our promotional offer.

Thanks

The Trainers Directory

1 - 7 of 7 Posts