1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have a premier 11 with the 1.5 gur.
i have to questions first, i read where most of the guns have LBC rear sights mine said LCB WHATS THE DIFFERANCE? also would like to have installed the tritium nightsights why do i have to buy new sights cant a new leaf? or blade be added to mine.
look forward to your answer, thank you.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Deafdog,We have the rear sights with the new leaf already installed, all we have to do is have the inserts installed.There is a 50 dollar price difference between the two sights if we had to change the leaf on your sight and have the inserts added it would be more expensive for you. We used to do it that way when we used the Bo- mars and the cost for the sight was over $200. Not sure what you mean about the initals on the sight do you mean there is a typo on the sight?

------------------
Jim Budde

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim thanks for taking the time to answer. no theres no typo on my gun on BAERS web and in the booklet you get it has the premier 11 and the lw1 down as having LCB adjustable sights with hidden rear leaf. the others say LBC maybe there the same and somehow it got printed that way?

·
Registered
291 Posts
DeafDog...It say LCB on the sight itself?
The Adjustables on my C5 say "les baer custom" and have the drag racing logo on the top.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MPower no not on the sight just the paperwork
like yours mine has the logo on top with the elivation up go left and right side turn counter clock wise. left side les baer coustom. like i asked should be the same ?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Its the same sight, I think you are encountering a typo. BTW how was yours out of the box. My Baer was shooting way low, despite having been factory zeroed. It now sits a little high for my taste. I called Les and he offered to put in a lower front site, but I have been to lazy to ship it off. He said that he test fires and zeros every gun...so I am wondering if my eyes are off or are his
?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
My PII, bought earlier this year, shot about 2" low at 25 yards out of the box. It's the 1.5" feature model. My factory test target is like a small note pad with a black dot about 1.75" x 1.25" in diameter. The test group is about 1.25" which is what the gun should do (as gauranteed.)

I wonder if MR. Baer himself shot the group without the rest at 50 yards, he must have a very, very good eye sight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts