1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lou, I'm about to go get my CWP next month, and I have a question about a holster. My weapon for carry is probably going to be a Sig 232 (if the money comes through!) or my Taurus model 85. My situation is that I'm right at 300 pounds, but everyone says I don't look it ;> ) Anyhow, I have a little "overhang" on the ole' beltline. I am considering an IWB holster, but I don't want the grip digging into my side. Should I be looking at another method of concealed carry?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Scott, Heavy guys don't normally have a problem with IWB holsters unless they wear their pants too tight. You may want to take a look at the Watch Six Dual Talon by Tony Kanaley (we also make that same holster), or Tony's VMll which is VERY comfortable. Mark Waldon's Sidewinder is also a great holster with limited bulk. You can view most of our holsters at www.rfholsters.com.. That's our distributor, and he usually has most of our products in stock. Some of the newer products aren't pictured there yet though.
Your best bet is to try as many holsters as you can that some of your friends may own. That should give you a feel for what you may like, or dislike.
Thanks for the inquiry, and I hope it was of some help.
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.
You'll never know it's there, until you need it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts