1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark, recently you gave us a very welcome update from Colt. You mentioned the production of blued Gold Cups coming back on line. I was wondering if there is any chance the blued version will be updated any time soon to be designed like the stainless (ie: larger Bomar style rear sight, round slide top, dovetailed front sight)? Or is production going to keep the flat top slide, Eliason sight, and staked front sight? I vote for the changes myself. :D :D :D

At any rate, please let me know if these or other changes to the blue Gold Cup are in the works, or even being considered.

·
Registered
634 Posts
There are no changes planned for the National Match and Gold Cup product lines. There are two guns soon to become available in 38 super NRM government models O2991 carbon and O2091 in stainless. Our current efforts are designed to focus in on quality to ensure each gun is a kick a$$ piece right out of the box.

·
Registered
280 Posts
alright!!!!

Mark,

I asked this back in a post around the 3rd and that is the answer I was hoping for. Any details? And is this going to be a hard to get item, will I need to do special order?

·
Banned
4,130 Posts
Mark1648 said:
Our current efforts are designed to focus in on quality to ensure each gun is a kick a$$ piece right out of the box.
Oh Mark... that is such music to our ears! Fantastic approach... it really seems like Colt willl be restored to greatness! In part, thanks to you! With the quality part consistent and getting the guns on dealers shelves... WOW.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Mark, if I may make a suggestion:

One untapped segment for the larger manufacturers is the NRA Conventional Pistol market, specifically the need for good DCM/hardball gun.

The "hardball gun" is fairly simple. Think of a Series 70 with a tall, undercut front sight, and an adjustable rear. The work is all internal; however, the ejection port can be lowered and flared. The slide must be a round top.

Tightening and accurizing the pistol to a 2 inch at 50 yard standard with ball ammunition will ensure that you sell these guns by the boatload--expecially since you won't see a good ball gun for less than $1500.00 and a six month wait. What do you think--could Colt make these for about $1000.00 or even a bit less?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts