1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before the question, just have to proclaim my love for the Pro. It just never pukes. After a day of playing with my M4gery, I stoped at pistol bay, cranked out a quick 50 on my way out on someones stale target. I'd guess the range was about 20 yards. I was easily able to make head shots and ended up with one ragged hole. I'd love to claim skill, but this pistol has always made me look significantly better than i am. If anyone is considering purchasing one, don't hesitate another second. I've owned Browns, Baers and Wilsons (all very nice pistols)...but there is something with the Pro that just works for me.

Now for the question:
When stripping my pistol for cleaning, I'm not able to remove the extractor after removing the firing pin as I have been able to on my other 1911's. It's as if the extractor is "bent" in and the lip catches on the breach and won't slide out. I'm type A, and it bugs me to think of the gunk I am unable to clean because of this. Is this normal? Is there something I may be missing in terms of removal?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It should come out. Mine is a tight fit and I have to "lever" it out carefully with a stong plastic type screwdriver so as not to damage finish. I imagine the longer you wait the more gunk/**** will build up in there.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.