1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question that has been bugging me for several years and maybe you can help.
About 3-7 years ago I saw an article in one of the gun magazines about a customized 1911 made specifically for CQB or CQC. This customized 1911 looked like it had the front of the slide attached to the dust cover to prevent the slide from coming out of battery if the muzzle was pressed against an object. It also had a 3 inch steel spike that extended from the grip (i guess to use if you had more bad guys than ammo, lol).

Does anyone know who made this pistol, there website, what magazine, when it was published, any websites, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Goose

·
Registered
53 Posts
I believe that 1911 was featured in American Handgunner in 1994, not sure of the specific issue. It was called the 'Skullcrusher' 1911 or something hokey like that. I remember editorial letters in a later issue panning the thing. I don't remember who made it, though. Good luck.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Yep, American Handgunner. "Platic" framed 1911, IIRC. Clouting someone with the spike on a plastic framed pistols would not be a great idea.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

1 - 3 of 3 Posts