1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am building a Caspian 1911 in .45 ACP, it is the classic frame and slide.
I just received my shipment of parts today to complete 95% of my build and was working on assembling the slide. The firing pin will not go through the firing pin hole in the slide. I know that Caspian machines their slides to accept 9mm firing pins so that is the size firing pin I bought.
The firing pin will only go through the hole just barely enough so you can see it protruding on the breech face but not far enough to get the firing pin stop in place.
My question is which do I adjust- the firing pin diameter or the firing pin hole or possibly both?

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Chuck the pin in a hand drill (or drill press) and turn it down with some emory cloth until it slides freely in the hole.

DO NOT try to drill out the hole in the slide...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Check the hole in the slide to see if it's in spec. If the pin is 0.0655 it should fit through the 0.068" hole. Use a pin gauge set to find out what size it is. Also did you clean all of the wax/gunk thats in the FP hole in the slide. Mine had a what looked to be wax and took brake cleaner to remove.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check the hole in the slide to see if it's in spec. If the pin is 0.0655 it should fit through the 0.068" hole. Use a pin gauge set to find out what size it is. Also did you clean all of the wax/gunk thats in the FP hole in the slide. Mine had a what looked to be wax and took brake cleaner to remove.
I cleaned the slide up real good so no wax/gunk in it. I don't have a pin gauge to check the ID of the firing pin hole.

·
Registered
376 Posts
There may be a rag in the hole at the breech face, look at it with a light throught the tunnel and see if something was missed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts