1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving, I have not posted in a while working alot, hunting season , etc. I have put almost 500 rounds down the pipe of my CBOB now and have all the kinks worked out and I love it. I have started using it as my EDC. The wife wanted to know some things to get me for Christmas and one thing I told her was I wanted some high quality mags for everyday carry. I was wondering what most have found that works well, I am leaning towards the Tripp Cobras, Wilson EMP's or what about the Ed Brown Eight Packs. I just wanted some input and yes I am sure this has been asked before. Thanks for any help.
Tom

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Most people will probably say Tripp, CMC, and Wilson Combats, or just order some more from DW for your CBOB. Glad you got your CBOB broken in, and like it alot.

Clyde

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already posted pics when I bought it Clyde and pics of some of the leather it lives in. Thanks for the reply.
Tom

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
To me, an extended length 8 round mag or a mag with a bumper plate doesn't make sense in a concealed carry pistol. The idea is low drag. Why bobtail the grip frame if you're going to have a mag sticking a quarter inch out of it?

So, I would personally go with a flush fit mag. I like 7 rounders for carry because I always have the nagging thought a flush fit 8 rounder just might not be as reliable. I like Checkmate magazines (Checkmate follower with dimple and hybrid feed lips). But, that's just me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Every CMC powermag I have has worked perfectly in my CBOB and Valor.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Raise your sights higher, tell the wife you want a Razorback for Christmas and buy yourself a few mags later.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Bobtail, flush fitting mags, carry piece.

If you are not carrying spare magazines, flush fitting ones make a lot of sense. If you are carrying spare magazines, why not carry some with extra capacity and forget about flush fitting?

Order a few of each and be happy. Extra magazines are never a bad thing.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I just picked up some Kimber mags for my 10mm and they're very well built and reasonable. I paid $30 ea. for mine from a local GS. Also check out Mec-Gar Mags. Under $20 and one of the best mag builders on the planet! You can find them on sale here at Greg Cote's http://gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=97_84

1 - 8 of 8 Posts