1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while I was bored on my deerstand this weekend I got to wondering about the following:

A) Its been discussed before that SA produces their products in runs (they make model A for a while and then retool to make model B for a while...) so there are periods of time where certain models are abundant, and times when some models become hard to find (anybody tried to find a 9mm 1911 lately?)

B) I've been watching the price of TRP's on gun broker and they seem to have climbed an average of $200-300 in price since I started watching late last winter.

Originally I contributed B to typical inflation, but then i started wondering, could it be that the supplies of NIB TRP's from the last run are depleated-hence driving up the price? Then will the price go back down once a new batch is made? Or did I just make all that up with my own wishful thinking?:scratch:

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
Keep in mind that those batches are made overseas. The price increase might be attributed to the value of the dollar versus the value of the Brazillian Real. The dollar has dropped over 18% against the Real this year. That in itself would be $180 on $1000. Add to that the increased transportation costs due to the rise in fuel and that would account for most of the cost increase.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I'm a union sheetmetal worker and the prices of all metal has gone up drastically.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts