1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is the right place to put this and that I'm not doing something I shouldn't. I AM NOT OFFERING THE GUN FOR SALE HERE! I have a 1911A1 on another forum for sale. I've got 2 xtra mags with it and the gun is a tack driver. I'm selling it because of how heavy it is. I'm an old fart and it hourts my hip carrying it. I've got it for sale for 475 and haven't had the first nibble. What's wrong?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Could be the condition, could be the std sights which put a lot of people off if they don't want to bother upgrading them, could just be the general economic climate. A sale might also be hampered if you have a low post count on the other board.
/Bryan

·
Registered
302 Posts
I vote for the poor economy. I want to sell some guns I just don't shoot anymore and have no desire to shoot (my interests have changed), but from what I see on GunBroker and the for sale section of a local forum I'm on, this seems to be the worst time to be selling any guns. People are holding on to their money... "disposable income" is something few really have these days.

·
Banned
2,125 Posts
Greetings,
At the gun shop I "work" at we had a mint Norinco sit on the shelf for about 3 mos.Normally 1911's don't sit around that long(except for Taurus',go figure:scratch:).The only thing I can think of is that it has been a while since Norinco's were imported to the states and people either have gotten into 1911's AFTER the import ban,or they have forgotten what a great inexpensive 1911 they are.I think your price is in line with market,depending on condition of course.A mint piece will bring that price as our piece eventually sold for that very same price.
Hang in there,it will sell!:)
Regards,
DAT85

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Norinco Question

Thanks a lot for the encouragement DAT85. It's in great shape and is a tack driver. The only reason I'm selling it is because it's so heavy. My neighbor down the street has a SS Springfield and this is relatively much heavier. Hurts my hip.

·
Registered
254 Posts
If it helps any, I can tell you that an auction at Gunbroker on a NIB Norinco 1911-A1 (Serial 412100) just ended without a single bid being placed. It was priced at $549 (starting bid with no reserve).

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
For years the Blue Book of Gun Values listed a top value of $275 for the Norinco 1911's. Then maybe two editions ago they jumped 'em up to $525 all at once.

I see the same guy with the same Nork at Ohio Gun Collector Shows every time--he's been at like $550 for the last two years. And as one of the most avid Norinco 1911 owners out here, I've told him a couple times he's way outta line at that figure.

By contrast I just saw a minty one at a local shop for $370 plus tax--and the guy told me he was open to a better offer! Chances are that his walk-in customers aren't as savvy about this brand as forum dwellers.

·
Registered
302 Posts
If it helps any, I can tell you that an auction at Gunbroker on a NIB Norinco 1911-A1 (Serial 412100) just ended without a single bid being placed. It was priced at $549 (starting bid with no reserve).
That guy has some nice guns (a lot of his auctions have grabbed my attention). He is ALWAYS overpriced.

·
Registered
254 Posts
That guy has some nice guns (a lot of his auctions have grabbed my attention). He is ALWAYS overpriced.
Those who buy from him seem pleased, though. He has all positive feedback over there.

His shop is only a 45-minute drive for me. I’m semi-seriously considering driving over and seeing if he’ll dicker. I first need to decide what my top offer would be, though. Prices on used Norks seem to be all over the place, which makes it hard to determine NIB value.

On the Ohio forum at XD Talk, a NIB Nork sold for $400. That was summer of 2008, though.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Guns seem to be hardly selling these days. I've seen the same ones on the shelfs at my local gun shops for months now (though one place makes it even easier by still trying to sell a Romanian WASR Kalashnikov for $700) Can't say the same about ammo unfortunately, but it's getting (slightly) better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts