1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Pin that goes through the front of the Rear sight ?? does it protrude at all from the right side ??

Shot a match this morning and was fortunate enough to have Todd Jarret as a RO.. when done he said, looks like the pin on your rear sight is broke..

I'm not sure to be honest, can't remember if it's been this way or not.. it did not come out any further and it's only out a very small amount.. and i checked it every stage.

gun shot ok.. shooter made some mistakes.. but had fun anyway.

Just thought i'd check before i called DW up to see about a new one.

FRONT SIGHT ?? is the dovetail cut standard ? will a dawson fiber sight fit it without any extra work.. looking to put a red fiber sight on.. my somewhat old tired eyes liked my friends on his Para.

Thanks guys..

Jeff.

PS: Gend, that big field course from the sectional match we shot again with some slight mods... 61.7 1 no shoot.. much better then my last effort.. Todd J.. 24.20 1 Mike, man is amazing..
Chaps kicked my ass... Doug from shooters had 12 mikes on that stage and two no shoots.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind the front sight question

I found my answer with a search of the forum.. thought i had seen that before..

So has anyone found a fiber optic sight that will fit the front of the patriot ?? sans extra machining ?...

thanks
Jeff.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hunterjbb said:
The Pin that goes through the front of the Rear sight ?? does it protrude at all from the right side ??
PS: Gend, that big field course from the sectional match we shot again with some slight mods... 61.7 1 no shoot.. much better then my last effort.. Todd J.. 24.20 1 Mike, man is amazing..
Chaps kicked my ass... Doug from shooters had 12 mikes on that stage and two no shoots.
Chaps edged me out at the north mountain match. He had his revenge. Doug ROd that stage (twist and shoot) on sat. at the sectional he has no excuse ;) It was a tough stage, everyone had a bunch of penalties on it for mikes and FTE.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The only one I know of that is making a fiber optic front sight that will work with DW is dpcdivr,and there are a few of us waiting for him to start selling them. I have a fiber optic front sight on my caspian amd love it. How does it feel shooting having jerret ROing you through a stage :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rsking45

I was a tad worried about having to RO them,, seeing as I'm really new to RO'ng..

What actually happened was that both Todd and one other shooters John did most of the RO'ng all day, and both were EXTREMELY nice, fair and a lot of fun to be around.. They made it very comfortable as them being the RO's..

Being newer to competative shooting it's pretty amazing to go to a club match and have the oppurtunity to shoot next to one of the best shooters in the world.. I watched him like a hawk all day and he was gracious enough to point out some things i could do different to get better which i thought was very nice.

Great day was had by all and he's simply amazing to watch.. I've had the oppurtunity to shoot with Phil Strader also, both are very nice at the range and can have fun and be serious also..

Jeff.

PS: I'm really dissapointed that I can't just drop a sight into the front of my patriot.. maybe i'll just get one close and see what the local smith can do.. or mabye i'll go to the glock 35.. hmm might be cheaper in the long run.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah gend

now that you say that He was pretty big on sticking with the order as we started.. it got out of sequence on the last stage and he asked that we get it back in order..

Not sure why he wanted it, but we did.. :) I wasn't going to argue the point either.. :D

Jeff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts