1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Absolutely!
I appreciate firearms & good tools for the skill & craftsmanship it required to make them. I refuse to own a firearm or tool that I wouldn't use for it's intended purpose.

While that may be heresy to some, not to me. I enjoy looking at & handling fine firearms to the natural end result for which they are intended.

Al

·
Premium Member
20,440 Posts
Nope. That is the pistol that started the "semi-custom" from the factory. Value has doubled. Sure they make fine shooters but there were only so many made and few unfired.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I don't own safe queens . It I found one at a good enough price to buy it would be treated the same as any other handgun . Cleaned , looked over well , lubed and shot well . Firearms are not an investment unless you bought it cheap and new years ago .

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,628 Posts
I would not.
I'd sell it to someone who thought it was worth a lot of money, and spend that on a gun I wanted.

Reactions: ether and RobClarke

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Has the value of them really doubled, or has it pretty much stayed the same?

It's easy to say I bought one for 600 bucks and it's now worth 12. What is that 1200 worth in 1998 dollars?

600 bucks spent in January 1998 would be about 908.00 today.

So yes, I would shoot the crap out of it and not feel bad.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
What is this 'Clackamas Kimber' thou doth speak of?
Pics or links to its history?

Unless it's one of one and worth a million I'd probably not shoot it.
But then again the owner of the million dollar .45 caliber Luger shot it and let others do so as well. So why not?

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
I would shoot the heck out of that Clackamas Kimber and enjoy it. I don't own a Clackamas-marked Kimber but close enough with my stainless Series I Kimber (no FPS) purchased in 2000. It is a wonderful shooter.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Every day and twice on Sunday.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts