1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved a mark lV 80 series for a present and I'm having problems with the slide not going all the way forward after being racked. I have never owned one of these guns so I'm not sure what the problem is :confused:. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not every time. sometimes it work's perfect and yes it will finish with a slight push, it's kind of hard to pull back, and last week it was pretty smooth and easy.

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
Don't dick with the springs.

Completely disassemble the pistol (not merely field strip), discard any gimmicks like shock buffers, clean it, and relubricate with CLP. CLP, nothing else. Reassemble. Do a function check. You cannot overlubricate a M1911. You can make a mess, but the pistol won't care. Err on the side of excess lube on the slide.

Lock the slide open and insert a full 7-round magazine (factory 230gr FMJ). Reach over the slide, thumb toward your chest and briskly cycle the slide all the way to the rear and release. A round will chamber and the slide will be fully closed.

If the pistol still has problems you'll have more work to do, but clean lubricated M1911s, properly manipulated rarely have problems.

-- Chuck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts