1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to call Baer tomorrow about my Premier II lightweight but my lack of patience need to be satified.
Does anybody have a link with info on the gun, its weight, factory recoil spring weight, and if its ok to use 230gn +P ammo in this setup?
Thanks in advance for any info.
Casey

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I have 2 LW Baers. One is a Concept VI the other is a P II. They use an 18# spring per Brenda. I don't recall the weights vs an all steel gun though.

I've never shot the +p JHPs in my P II but the Con VI I have and it does fine.

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
I wouldnt use the 230 +P. They (undoubtedly) wont recomend it either. A few thousand probably wont do anything.

Recoil spring weight shouldnt change (16-18lbs, depending on what you want to shoot). IIRC, the gun weighted 31oz.

I have an old catalog I can dig up if you dont get any luck with a link.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Im only thinking of running a box or so of the +P's through it just to make sure they run well for carry. All the other shooting will be regular 230gn ball.

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
BR......When the gun was on Gunbroker, I called Brenda about it and she told me the gun was about 30 ounces. Sweet! I know the gun was on Gunbroker several weeks and kept going down on the BUY IT NOW price. DO NOT let me know what you gave for it. I would put myself out of my miserable misery. You 'da man:rock:...............................TW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts