1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 8 Months ago I purchased a blued Pro-Carry and I have a few questions about the fit and quality of my gun.
First: The trigger has a noticable amount of creep.
Second: The pistol has a noticable amount of slide to frame rattle when I shake the gun.
how tight is the slide to frame fit normally?
Do you think Kimber will fix these problems under warranty?
I have put about 250 rounds through it.

·
Registered
984 Posts
As long as the gun is functional I don't believe Kimber would perceive these problems to be a consideration for warranty service. Although, it is strange to hear of a Kimer that does not have a good slide to frame fit.

My Pro Carry is very tight, as were all the ones I ever checked at gun shows, shops, ect. As far as the trigger goes, they have good factory triggers, but nothing that can not be improved by a decent smith. I've had the trigger tuned on my Pro Carry, too. The factory trigger wasn't bad, but did have some creep. A local smith did a fine job on it. It now breaks cleanly at 4#.

Since Kimber has a reputation for their guns having a good slide to frame fit, it would not hurt to give them a call and ask if they can tighten your up under warranty. Especially if it rattles... All you've got to lose is the cost of a phone call.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
NUTZ - After 250 rounds it does seem a bit weird that your gun would have a "noticeable amount of slide to frame rattle", but it's nothing you really have to worry about. As long as the barrel locks up tight each time (no play between the barrel hood and slide) it won't ruin the guns accuracy. I have a full size Kimber that has had about 6000 rounds through it. The gun rattles when shook but shoots just as tight as the day it was new. As for the trigger creep, give the parts a chance to work together more. That might get rid of some of the creep. Like JohnnyO, as long as the gun works I don't think Kimber will give you any rhythm on fixing these problems.

·
Banned
217 Posts
NUTZ: Regarding the slide fit: don't shake it, rather press it back and forth to see if it is really moving. Also remember to lube it. Push on the muzzle to see if it is locked up tight into the slide. Usually the only thing that rattles is the grip safety.

Regarding the trigger creep: The creep may dissappear if you put a drop of CLP/RemOil/etc. down the front side of the hammer when cocked. Give it some time to run down and then thumb cock and dry fire. I think you'll notice the trigger gets better.

------------------
Have a great day!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx to all who replied.
I have lubed the hammer and dry-fired the Pro-Carry over 1000 times but the trigger creep has not changed. As for the frame to slide play it has movement at the rear, side to side and up and down movement is noticable and also at the front of the slide up and down and also side to side. I have owned 4 Kimbers in the past and all of them were without noticable slide to frame play and the triggers on all four were without creep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts