1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This gun runs good. I am just curious about its history. Here is what I wrote to Para-Ordnance. If any of you know some of these answers I would appreciate the help. Thanks, Mike

" Hi. I recently purchased a P13-45 used. I have a few questions as to its equipment and origin. The gun is serial #RN267x. It is a pre-PXT gun with a black slide and a matte black, almost parkerized type frame. It has the later full beavertail but does not have the full length guide rod that I thought the newer ones had. It also has an ambi safety that looks correct for the gun. Is that correct? My gun is cut for Novak sights front and rear, is this correct or should it have the G.I. dovetail in rear and a staked on front sight like some off the older Para’s I have seen? Also should my full barrel be black all around or should the hood be shiny

Here’s where the original, packing and materials have become a mystery to me. The case it came in appears to be factory but instead of one of the common black boxes with white tray it is in a black MTM Case-Gard that barely has room for the pistol and one hi-cap mag. It has stickers that look factory on the edge of this case. They read like this:

Para-Ordnance Mfg. Inc. Pistol

ITEM RECIEVER CAPACITY

P1345RR Light Alloy 14

Barcode

CALIBER BARREL FINISH

.45 4 1/4’’ Matte Black 70752 06009

This is a white tag with green letters. It also has a serial # tag that verifies the number on the gun. I am very curious as to what situations may have made this be used. Like maybe for export or for delivery of contract weapons for police or military

At first glance this gun did appear to be aluminum. There was one by it at the shop that seemed light as hell. I thought mine was light unit I handled it. Mine weighs about 32 ounces with an empty clip in it. Do I appear to have the light alloy as the box states or do I have steel. If I have steel has this mistake happened a lot? Can you tell me what the P1345RR means? I have also heard of P1345SR models. What is the difference? I appreciate any help you can give me to solve this puzzle.

Sincerely,

Mike Durr

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
P13-45 all steel is listed at 36oz. All steel LTC (same pistol in a single stack) is 35 oz. One (1) once extra for the wider frame -- in steel.

Alloy frame LTC (single stack model of the P13-45) weighs 28 oz so I'd expect an alloy framed double stack pistol to weigh no more than 1oz more than a single stack. This means at most 29oz for your pistol if it's alloy frame.

Weigh it without the magazine and see what it weighs.

Good news on the standard recoil system!

Here's my very old P14-45 with alloy frame. Barrel under the port is shiny. (Don't recall if the rest is black or not.)

This pistol has the military dovetail rear and staked front sight as I suspect all early pistols did. Ambidextrous safety and hammer are Para parts, but added later. Grips are neither standard nor Para.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
16 Posts
An easy way to tell if your frame is alloy or steel; Put a magnet on it and see if it sticks.

As for the rest of the stuff, (ambi safety, dovetails front and rear, beavertail,) is your gun a limited (ltd.) version? It sounds pretty consistent for a limited except for the standard length guide rod. Does it have serrations on the front of the slide? I seem to remember Para adding extra goodies to it's standard lineup in the late pre-PXT days, so that could be the case if your gun's not a limited. I know jack about serial numbers, so I can't give you any dates.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts