1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, from a relatively new member.
I have some questions on SA's full size lightweight version, an would appreciate any feedback as I am considering a new purchase.

Is this what I believe it to be:a perfect compromise between the weight of a LtWt Commander/Champion, that also offers the sight radius and ballistics of a full size 1911? Why don't more shooters own them, if in fact that is the case? Does anyone know of another 1911 manufacturer that has a similar model (I think Kimber might)?

Have any of you old time/long time SA owners seen a discernible level of quality change (good or bad)with the new Loaded Series?

Thanks in advance, geegee.

· Registered
19 Posts
Hey Geegee, I have an S.A. 2000 that I bought about two months ago, and I love it. It has fed everything I have run through it, it shoots to POA.and it looks and feels great, I could not be happier than I am with this piece. Stu Gotts

· Registered
4,780 Posts
Hello, geegee. I have the Springfield LW Gov't Model and have no complaints with it at all. Kimber does offer their full-sized version of the same thing. The one I shot worked flawlessly.

Recoil is a little sharper than with the all steel gun, which is no surprise and I likely won't shoot much of the "hot" stuff through the gun, but mine's handled quite a bit of factory ball and handloaded equivalents. I suspect this gun's been fired just under 10,000 times as I've had it a few years, but not shot it as much as some other guns.

I'd stick with a bullet that has a round ogive like HydraShoks or something similar to avoid gouging my feedramp IF the magazine's not holding the round in an upward position.

My opinion is that they're really nice carry guns for when you want to tote something significant with minimal weight.

Best.

· Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you to both for your responses. I wish I could rent one at a range for a test drive, but I suspect that's highly unlikely.
Regards, geegee

· Registered
547 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Geegee! Does the LW SA have an aluminum frame? Some people don't mind them at all, but IMO, that's one thing I'd stay away from, especially if you really plan to put a lot of ammo through it.

[This message has been edited by traevin (edited 04-16-2001).]

· Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Traevin: Yes, I believe the frame is aluminum. At this point I seem to be leaning toward a regular steel 1911. Thanks, geegee.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.