1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a good source to learn about all the different variants of the Colt reproduction World War I and World War II 1911's? I'm trying to find a singular source that provides comprehensive information on every reproduction they've made. I'm far from an expert on this subject and when perusing the web, the subject seems to get murky with a bunch of different reproductions with slight variations and frankly...I'm confused.

I would like to find and purchase one of the reproduction models but can't seem to get a straight idea on what all the different options are. I'm worried I'll purchase one only to find out there was another out there I like more.

·
Administrator
73,034 Posts
In both the Colt FAQ thread and the product reviews thread you'll find plenty of info. I'm not aware of a source that has all the info in one place, but you may have given me some ideas. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In both the Colt FAQ thread and the product reviews thread you'll find plenty of info. I'm not aware of a source that has all the info in one place, but you may have given me some ideas. ;)
That would be awesome and much appreciated!

·
Administrator
73,034 Posts
It would take awhile and some research, so don't hold your collective breaths, guys.

·
Registered
23,178 Posts
If you leave commemorative models off the list and stay with Colt it is probably doable, but if you look at other companies that have made something they call a WWI or WWII reproduction it starts to get involved. I remember a gun rag story about the 1910 "reproduction" that USFA? did and how they were pointing out all the inconsistencies comparing it with the original and I think that company did a WWI repo also years ago.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Whatever you do I'm sure it will be better than "1911, The first 100 Years"

Think of all the money you would save being at your computer instead of the range.

·
Administrator
73,034 Posts
If you leave commemorative models off the list and stay with Colt it is probably doable...
I have about as much interest talking about commemoratives as I do watching a Robert Redford movie (both would quickly put me to sleep). I only feel like talking about the WW1 and WW2 replicas Colt offered anyway. And no, I don't plan on writing a book unless somebody is willing to pay me. I think I've penned more gun articles than most guys who write for the gun rags, and I've never made a penny.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have about as much interest talking about commemoratives as I do watching a Robert Redford movie (both would quickly put me to sleep). I only feel like talking about the WW1 and WW2 replicas Colt offered anyway. And no, I don't plan on writing a book unless somebody is willing to pay me. I think I've penned more gun articles than most guys who write for the gun rags, and I've never made a penny.
You could do a Talo "DSK" signature 1911... and we couldn't use your name to make a play on words, so the PC crowd couldn't get their panties in a wad. It would be a huge WIN-WIN-WIN. :rock:

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
So most of it's already written. Just not in one place. ;) I wouldn't limit myself to just replicas if I were you. You seem to have a considerable knowledge about collectible 1911's in general. The problem with magazine articles is none of this stuff is in one place, just little bits and pieces all over the internet. Most of the recent 1911 publications that are in ebook format are selling for $10-$15. The paperbacks are more. $5 for a short ebook publication would be a bargain. Some people spend that every morning at Starbucks.

I'm not a writer but I know a few.

http://www.writersdigest.com/online...age-writer-make-money-self-publishing-e-books

1 - 13 of 13 Posts