1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any information on these pistols ? Are they still available ? If so, what price ranges have you seen ? Would anyone that has one give me their experience and report on the guns performance. Is it better than other models ?

thanks

david1911

·
Registered
307 Posts
david1911 said:
Does anyone have any information on these pistols ? Are they still available ? If so, what price ranges have you seen ? Would anyone that has one give me their experience and report on the guns performance. Is it better than other models ?

thanks

david1911

david1911

My wife has recently purchased a Target Match. Hands down, this is the nicest, most accurate pistol I have ever shot; craftsmanship is A+. The guns are very hard to find right now. She had one ordered from our local dealer and had already waited over 2.5 months for it. We happen to luck up at a gun show and find a fellow who had one (the only one at the show). He wasn't going to sell it at first. The cheapest I have seen them for is $1095.

Here it is...

·
Registered
29 Posts
David 1911,

I agree with STONES_SS. Kimber is making only 1000 of these pistolas. My local dealer had two of these pistols today and I reserved one for myself. The fit and finish is top notch. The triggers were great. I especially liked the relief under the trigger guard. The dealer got them in today and didn't even know how much they paid for it. They had to call the distributor and figure out how much they would sell it for. They are selling it to me at a special price of $1090, since I've been such a good customer. It will make a nice addition to my Kimber collection: Custom II, Eclipse Pro II, CDP Pro II, Team Match II, and a Warrior. I won't know how it compares until I bring it home and take it to the range.

Artyman

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
It's good to hear that the Target Match is such a high performance 1911.

I was a little concerned that it may just be a concept gun with cosmetic mods and okay accuracy and fit.

It's good to know that it is accurate and hard fit out of the box.

I have had a Super Match II for several years, and it is a real workhorse. It is my only 1911 which sees the inside of a holster.

I bought a LTP II about 6 months ago, and it is incredible. I got a great price on a new one (I think about $1350), and it performs at the same level as my LBs and similar semi-custom 1911s.

The Target Match may find its way to my safe one day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts