1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to order the 3 dot rear novak sight for my kimber fullsize directly from kimber.

Is this sight meant to work with my existing front sight? I currently have fixed sights with the standard .150 height front sight.

Am I good with this front sight for use with the novak or will I have to get a new front sight?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
As Kruzr suggests, you may want to ask Kimber. I remember this being discussed in the past, and if I recall correctly the Novak sight is intended to be used with the factory front sight. Again, you may just check with them before ordering.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I called Dennis the other day, and asked about the Novak sights, and he stated that they no longer carry the Novak sights....

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got an e-mail back from Dennis this morning. He replied:

Yes - the novak sight they sell will work with the stock front sight of a fixed sight kimber.

Yes - the stock front sight height of a fixed sight AND adjustable sight kimber is .150 (however, the Novak sight will not work on a adjustable sight kimber because the dovetail is different)

Yes - use the .150 height front white dot replacement sight with the novak rear sight.

So, no kimbers have the .180 height front sight. This is a replacement if your kimber is shooting naturally high. The .150 sight is used with all the different rear sights kimber sells.

Also, Dennis did not say anything about not selling the novak rear anymore. Maybe they are selling them till the supply runs out. Well, I am putting in my order now! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts