1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting a KZ full size. However, I prefer shooting with a short trigger and an arched mainspring housing on my regular 1911s. I always change these out because that is just works for me. Can the current Wilson long trigger and their straight mainspring housing be switched out easily?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
209 Posts
No on both. The MSH is semi-proprietary to fit the grip and pin placement, and the trigger is a pain to get out, period, let alone find a replacement for. If you have the dough, though, it can be done. The easiest way would be to have both a new trigger shoe and MSH manufactured.

Good luck. Get your hands on one before you buy.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Wilson got his start building "custom" guns. Before giving up on the idea, I would contact Wilson Combat and see if they would be willing to "customize" a KZ-45. No doubt they will charge you for the custom work, but then everyone charges extra for "custom" work.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I've found that the 1911 straight mainspring housing that everyone places on now points low for me. That is why I prefer the arched one. I'll have to find someone that has one so I can see how it points for me.

·
Registered
972 Posts
LToled,

Something to consider is that you are trainable. A few years back I switched from 1911s, which I had carried for over 20 years, to Glocks. They didn't point right for me but with a lot of dry firing practice in addition to live fire, I re-trained myself to point the Glocks "naturally".

After 4 years of drastic plastic I switched back to the 1911. Initially they didn't point as naturally as they once did but a couple months of shooting brought back the old comfort level of the 1911.

Realated to your problem, I always used a flat mainspring housing and the Glock is quite different. When I went back to 1911s it was again with the flat mainspring housing. My point is, it can be learned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts