1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was able to escape work a little early today (i.e.; sent the men home so I could go shooting).

I started with some accuracy work at 12 yds to warm up. Specifically some "dot drills" and then moved onto some transitions. A magazine or two on each sheet going 1-5 and also working side to side. I find that focusing on a smaller target for accuracy and THEN onto draws, transitions, and failure to stop drills, etc. helps me settle into a rhythm. YMMV.

The line up was my TRS and Monolith HW, but since I was carrying my Custom Carry, I threw it up there for the shot...Yes, it's the only clean one on the bench.

- Gear was Blade Techs for the TRS and Mono, while the CC rode in via a Milt Sparks VMII (naturally).
- Ammo was mostly 200gr LSWC and some WWB thrown in. It cleans the barrels well after shooting lead. :)

Once warmed up, it was time to go to the aforementioned transitions and presentations from the holster. Plate to plate transitions, as well as some 'failure to stop' drills and some strong hand hammer pairs for good measure...

Apparently someone has been shooting the bench (see the writing in red marker) :grumble:

Back to the TRS....

That's it for now ladies, I may do some carbine work tomorrow but will follow up with some dirty gun pics. No, I haven't cleaned the TRS or Monolith in a couple months...:eek:

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Matt, what is the distance? Approx.. I'm not surprised you haven't cleaned 'em!

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Matt, what is the distance? Approx.. I'm not surprised you haven't cleaned 'em!
Everything today was 12-15 yards. I will have you know that I did run a bore snake thru the TRS and squirt some earl on it, so it's sorted for another couple weeks :p

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Yes, well for three years I was overseas he could have sold them to Helm, but he likely forgot...Or figured I'd buy him another PII...:cool:
Seem's I had one of them already…. ;)

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
……...To go to Alchemy for a little something…..

That should be sweet! They do a good job IMO I've had 3 done up by them.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Nice pics and a great day at the range, Matt. Yes, some good FMJ always does a great job on the lead and lube build up.:D

·
Premium Member
3,129 Posts
The handguns, shooting...just plain nice!

Stay safe,
Rick

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm still stuck on the fact that you needed a warm up. Is your desk job getting to you? Anxious to hear what you plan to have ACW do.

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I'm still stuck on the fact that you needed a warm up. Is your desk job getting to you? Anxious to hear what you plan to have ACW do.
Ok, maybe "warm up" wasn't the right term.

How about, "establish my tactical tempo in order to set the conditions for the rapid prosecution of targets?"

:biglaugh:

More to follow on the ACW project...Gun will ship out tomorrow...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts