1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am truly sorry about that post i asked about toxicity issues. i had just read it over and thanx to some going bonkers the crux of the issue was well avoided i felt very carefully as to what is or isnt harmfull .

i needed the info for my own buddies on my sites who are in 1 of my cancer chat rooms who shoot as well as hunt being afflicted asking me for info and whats best for arms use and for my own site on the diseases and help links to help people stay cancer free.myself included.

i am sorry i cant even reply to the post i started and am quite pissed about that to say the very least,moot point taken.

i am sorry to say i wont post on this forum section again to avoid further troubles and will stay on the "other guns forum" where i lurk and post sometimes to help people out.

fp i am sorry for the pissing match taking place and aplogize for the fact this all had went down for asking a simple question .i will continue to use your oil also safeley as i do using applicators.

i prey to gods above that no one else has to go thru the big C and endure the hell i did twice fighting for my life from leukemic lymphoma both times with it at advanced stage 4 with ketosis setting in and less that 4-5 weeks life left both times,if you were in my boots i think you would ask the same qeustions too if you had worked with all the chems i did in my lifetime.

its documented and if anyone wishes they can contact me for my doctors at mgh and beth isreal in boston,brookline mass.,i will sign medical release forms for proof if you doubt it or better yet drive down and meet your theyre and introduce you personally.

i may not have long on this earth left but g******** to hell and back i will make sure i help people till my last dying breath .

i found poison controls hotline and the fda's testing labs as well ,very informative. i will let you decide who was right..............

LARS HAWK
Kennebec County
Waterville,Me.

flame this if you must,it only shows ones true colors.iwont be back to read it and the admin may lock this thread if he desires to do so.

no qaurter given,no qaurter taken as usual.......

·
Registered
58 Posts
maineyak

just read your post above. I feel very sorry the discussion took the direction it did, losing focus of the basic problem.

You posted a very good and substantiated question which directly addresses all of us gun users. I often felt rather uncomfortable myself, handling gun care products over the years, I just can't get used to employ gloves for accomplishing the fine-tactile work when doing guns, thus I often have my hands literally drenched in oil for hours sometimes; thinking this won't do any harm for this one time, I tend (prefer?) to forget about the concerns after the final hand washing, until the next time... Taking into consideration how many times one comes into contact with all these substances, containing unknown ingredients for the better part of them, over a 10 years period alone gave me some uncomfortable moments of reflection.

Thanks for bringing this topic up.

Have a good time

Best
Quickloader

to the moderator: maybe you could move maineyak's post above over to the original thread, too.

·
Registered
363 Posts
maineyak said:
fp i am sorry for the pissing match taking place and aplogize for the fact this all had went down for asking a simple question .i will continue to use your oil also safeley as i do using applicators.
Lars,

You have NO REASON, whatsoever, to apologize, to me, or to anyone. Your question was highly significant and a well posted thread. It is we, who should apologize to you, for letting it go on. I'm very glad that Jim V locked it, as that no more of the nonsense could occur. I tried to do my part, as well as others, but one thing's always for certain...the truth (facts) will sometimes offend and piss off others. But I like what JRJ has on the signature part of his postings..." If the truth hurts, say ouch ".

That about sums it up.

Best regards, as well as prayers and blessings,
George

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I did not participate in your other post so this is an "outsiders" perspective.

Don't sweat it to much. You asked a valid, pointed, interesting question and got trounced on by a bunch of guys who have "something at the stake" so to say.

Lets be practical, some guys are at this site to promote an adjenda. I am not saying it is the right or wrong adjenda, but they have one. Look, I do to, I have my own opinions and observations which of course are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT and I CANNOT ALLOW DISSENT OR OTHER'S OBSERVATIONS to stand.

Looks kind of absurd when you type it out doesn't it........

Again, don't sweat it, don't worry, you learned, I learned, we are all better for it. It is not your fault that "others" torqued the thread off into left field.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx guys,it means alot to me when some good folks come back like that,.i am still quite veryy pissed tho' about the whole damn thing still.

what i am impressed with is the fact f-p posted what i wanted to see and read with no bulls#t about it when it came to brass tacks about his ingredients,

damn man he even posted the chem formula makeup which is more than i can say for others who sell here unbeknownst to me untill it was too late ,i look forwards to talking with him personally in the very near future when i place my small order.

men who stand up for the truth in life are far and few between when it comes to placing a product upon on the market for use and being truthfull when asked about it to the point of posting its chem makeup and more info than one would need to ask for,not doging the issue.

this is a hellavalot more than i can say for other oilmen selling theyre products and having a flame fest just to gain self imposed confidence or whatever else they hd thought at the time.

maybe i should post the whole frikn mess on my peronal disabled hunt,firearms and fishing site and let the lawyers do the talking when they finally get wind then we can play lets waste some cash? would some like that ? i have nothing but time.......

i am still thinking about it trust me.

to those who dispute theyre products are safe and dont cause cancer i think youd better get a call into the fda,poison control and a few other folks as well and learn somthing more than what you allreddy know now.maybe even change the package text to protect your sixes period.

over the time period of a product can and will cause cancer,a no warning text on the package leaves you open to a lawsuit if some one contracts the disease and it in fact is attributed to prolonged use by said person.

its your ballgame man not mine,mine is the end results on weapon and health to deal with.to deny about a chem not causing cancer is a crime period when theyre is so much evidence on the internet saying otherwise that it is.

to say i feel used right now is a frign understatement by some with poor post ethics.

i just showed my wife what a stormfest it turned out for a simple question i thought in all earnest to help some who i know that are afflicted just like i am with cancer.she's pissed tyvm.

in either event many thanx again and high kudos for the support from the guys who stood up for me and what they believe in,knowing i have more folks willing to stand up and say the truth in here makes me feel better,ALOT BETTER.i was seriously ready to can the forum for good until i read back again aafter i calmed down some.

i will be lurking and i dont think posting very much hereafter.

enjoy life,shoot straight,take no **** from no one and speak the damned truth always. my grampa r.i.p.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Never be afraid to make an inquiry into subject matter that affects all fellow shooters. There really is no excuse to ignore what may be harmful from consumers in any product and this applies to the gun industry as well. There should be no difference between discussing carcinogens in gun care products than there is in discussing the same subject with food additives.

I am another who found the topic important and stand by the others who agree that you need not apologize to anybody for a good debate issue. Happy holidays and may you have many more.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I hate to say this, but how do we KNOW that any product is really safe? We certainly can't take the word of the maker or the promoter. Even if the maker posts ingredients, how do we KNOW that he posted ALL the ingredients, or that some of the posted ingredients are not poisons that have not yet been identified as such? Can ANYONE or ANYTHING be trusted? Going by some of the posts, the answer seems to be a resounding NO!

Can we say that only people who work with a substance for years are subject to risk, or could one accidental touching of a drop of a substance cause cancer in the long term? Must we don complete chemical suits, with air tanks in order to clean a gun without danger? Remember, we can't trust ANYONE to tell us his product is safe.

What can anyone recommend, when all products are suspect and all promoters are assumed to be liars?

Jim

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well it really did a number on my head man i will say that much,i just prey ta god i lose no more buddies from the wretched C.please just get a bag of q-tips an just usem for oiling your weapons when you can,if ya spinnem between ya fingers nice n tight so the cotton packs down they work better.for storage i just coat the steel well but for carry i lightly oil and drop it in my holster,wet weather when you get home dry it immediatly after clearing the action and checking the chamber and bore for dust and dirt.let it set for a while and reoil.wash your hands good and clean.mineral oils out as a lube as its water soluable.im just gonna use georges lube from here on in,anyone who would stick up for me and post all the info that the other guys dont want ya ta see is aces in my book.if any one gets sick god forbid and your in maine or mass. let me know i will help get ya to some good docs.never ever never go to frign MGH for cancer treatment.long story.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts