1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I say.....:rock: ......this gun is every thing I could expect, and more....:p

Started off with a sight-in, took about 40 rounds, and 4 B-16 targets, 14 clicks up, and 2 to the right, and she was shooting 230Gr. hardball right into the center. Shot a couple of targets compition style, and scored a 75 on one, and a 76 on the other. Being pleased with the sights and general feel of the gun, I proceeded to continue the break-in process by shooting at the steel plate racks.
All totalled, I put 244 rounds down range for it's first time out, and hope to repeat this process tomorrow.

One FTF, and one dud..(Rem-UMC)....the FTF was out of the Kim-pro mag, the 3 Wilson Combat mags all worked without a hitch, though they don't always drop out of the gun on their own...(I'm striking that off to a need for some break-in time)
The trigger is just a bit on the stiff side, but again I feel after a proper break-in period, this too will improve.

By the time I burn up the factory ammo I got, my order for a new shell plate, and .45acp dies should be in, and I'll start rolling my own 200Gr. SWC loads. I'll probably have to fine tune the sights to this particular target load, and hopefully I'll start collecting some trophies at own inter-club Bullseye Matches.....:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Tony thats good to hear, I hope to have the same results when I get mine.

·
Premium Member
8,469 Posts
Tony Mig,

Try dropping those mags without pushing the mag release until it bottoms out. If they drop free then the inside of the mag release needs to be relieved (inside the mag well, opposite side of the mag retaining ledge).

OR

Drop a pellet or two of #7.5 shot down inside the mag release before reinstalling the mag release retainer (that little screw looking thing on it). I have done this with a couple extended mag releases that would allow the mags to drop free.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Target match

This is excellent to hear......I am getting ready to buy one of these. I have to be selective as to which pistols I buy.....as I don't have a money tree in the backyard. I have yet to hear anything negative about these, so it looks as though Kimber got this one right. I have been spoiled.......I have a Kimber TLE II and a Stainless ultra carry that have been flawless to this point. I would hate to plunk down over 1k and have it not as reliable as the 2 I paid about the same for TOGETHER. Thank you for posting your range report.

Take care, Mike Arnold

1 - 4 of 4 Posts