1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI; For those that have or shot the Radical ar15, How well are they made? How user friendly are they? How well do they shoot?

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
Not a high quality rifle or components producer. I would spend your money elsewhere. Many will say they have them and like them, but my assumption is they are never really put to any type of operational test. Buy a 6920 or a POF 415. A few more bucks but a much better rifle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a radical firearms 300 blk out pistol. Straight out of the box I’ll say it can use some upgrades. The handguard is pretty heavy for what it is and the trigger is on the heavy side but no better or worse than most “mil-spec” triggers. On the other hand it has never skipped a beat with both subs or supers. Holds a decent grouping as well.

Not bad for the price. Seems along the lines of a psa rifle build

·
Registered
5 Posts
HI; For those that have or shot the Radical ar15, How well are they made? How user friendly are they? How well do they shoot?
I ordered mine.
The website stated up to six weeks, it came in three. Two actually.
I brought them home, field stripped them and cleaned them.
Read about someone having a firing pin issue so I took the bolt apart.
The bolt is labeled mp which is good.
Its an m16 bolt carrier group. Another good.
I lubricated the bolt and trigger and took it to the range.
The trigger had no slack or creep.
You had to press it but it broke clean.
I punched a hole at 25 yrds with five shots.
Over Cheap Iron sights.
I like the trigger. It is deliberate but smooth.
I am left handed and blocked the ejection twice because of bad mechanics on my part. I cleared the fte and continued to shoot.
My expectations were low do to the price point but am well pleased.
The furniture is B5 Systems very nice.
The tolerances are tight.
No rattle.
That is about it.
Hope this was helpful

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
We recently sold one to a customer. It was in .458 SOCOM. He came back to us the next day, a spent cartridge stuck in the chamber. We contacted Radical, who instantly issued a return label. Less than two weeks later it was returned, with a brand new upper. The customer is pleased with it now. No more problems, and they responded very quickly and professionally. They seem as good as any in their price point, and stand behind their product.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My Radical upper in .458 SOCOM works just fine. I don’t shoot high rounds counts through it (the ammo is, umm, not very economical) but I have had no problems at all with it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought a Radical 10.5" upper a few years ago. I got lucky and haven't had the barrel extension come loose. They had problems with that a few years ago. Mine does function well even though it isn't the most accurate of barrels. I would look elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Palmetto State Armory is as cheap as you'll get without ending up with junk.
I bought a Anderson "Optics Ready" AM-15 for under $550 and it runs flawlessly. Very well made rifle. Target was shot from a bench at 50 yds using bulk Federal 5.56 XM193 55 gr. ammo when zeroing the SIG red dot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts