1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at their holster in sharkskin. Has anyone dealt with them good or bad? Appreciate any help.
Thanks
Stephen

·
Banned
976 Posts
No holster, but I have 4 sharkskin belts from them. Great quality. The only belt with double stitching around the edge.

I asked this question, "What is the toughest leather you sell".

Answer was sharkskin and elephant. But elephant is $$$. The shark is very durable.

Great people to deal with. Small mom and pop place.

I just call and get my stuff ordered this way. I only buy Galco and Rafter S. Also Bladetec for the Glock. But plastic needs plastic.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a 1911 in a Rafter S holster on my hip right now. They are tough, comfortable and reasonalbly priced.

Dave

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Have dealt with them in the past. Got a quality product at a reasonable price. Had some questions prior to ordering and they were promptly answered. No complaints here.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rafter S

Thank's guys their great prices were scaring me off a little. I'll definately
go with them since it's quality product. Have to talk wife into letting me order belt too. With their prices even the belt and holster is a steal.
Thanks
Stephen

·
Super Moderator
14,938 Posts
I have owned two holsters and one belt. The products are well made and worth the money, and the owners are honest. But, I just don't care for their products. The belt was so thick it would not fit through the loops on my jeans (several different brands), and the holsters are large & "blocky", not sleek like those from the big-name holster mfg's. But they are well made and do the intended job.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Not sure about the holsters but the belts and mag pouches are extremely well made and the exotics (shark/gator/etc) are a bargain. Buying a shark belt as well made as theirs for $80 is a definite bargain! Only reason I won't buy the holsters is the lack of choice, just an IWB and OWB with no input as to cant, etc.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I ordered 2 belts, 2 holsters, and 2 mag pouches from them about 4-5 months ago. I was overseas at the time, but was going to be home for a short period of time, then coming back here. I ordered the gear in plenty of time (according to them) to have it delivered while I was home. I specifically requested this because I needed to bring some of it back here with me.

The day came and passed. No word from them. I emailed them and got a reply that they had been out of town, but my order would be shipped the next day. A week passed and still no order. I was told that it would be shipped the following Monday. Another week passed and still no order. I finally told them to cancel the order. The package arrived via overnight mail the next day. (It had been sent after I asked for the order to be cancelled.)

The belts were two different sizes, one a full inch and a half shorter than the other. They had the wrong buckles on them as well.

The holsters and mag holders were EXCELLENT though. Sharkskin with Alligator trim. They fit nicely and were well made. My only complaint was that one of the holsters had something sharp inside it that scratched the finish on the brand new Wilson I bought them for. I don't know what it was as I left the country again the very next day and haven't had a chance to look at it. I'll check it out when I get home.

Would I order from them again? I don't know. I love the belt that actually fits me and hate the one that doesn't. If they could gaurantee that the stuff would be the right size, then I would order from them again in a heartbeat. I LOVE the holsters but then again, one of them scratched my brand new blaster.

Just my experience. YMMV.

·
Banned
976 Posts
RetiredRod said:
I have owned two holsters and one belt. The products are well made and worth the money, and the owners are honest. But, I just don't care for their products. The belt was so thick it would not fit through the loops on my jeans (several different brands), and the holsters are large & "blocky", not sleek like those from the big-name holster mfg's. But they are well made and do the intended job.

This is exactly why I like their products. Just plain and simple and thick and rugged.

The thickness of the belts I can't find anywhere. I like them thick to be rigid enough to support a holster. Thin belts are to flimsy to support a holster as they flex too much.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I have an elephant skin belt for about 4 years and I wear it pretty much every day. I just replaced the brass buckle as it was fairly scratched up. The belt now looks just like the day I bought it. Sharkskin is supposed to be pretty much as durable. And the Rafter S people are great to work with!

H

·
Registered
234 Posts
Buy with confident, great folks to deal with, I have two holsters and three belts(sharks) from them, good products with great prices.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have been wearing a Rafter S belt and holster for a year now and they are wonderful. Della was the greatest person to deal with.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Good Quality!

I've had my rig for about 4 monthes now.Looks like I just took it out of the box!I wear it ever day and it shark skin.I am now going to order the mag holsers.
Ed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts