1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just emailed my order to Rafter S for a new rig.
Black Sharkskin IWB holster, Belt, and double mag pouch.
I'll post updates re: any contact, manufacture and delivery times, and impressions of quality and function (upon arrival).

I should mention that there is an added challenge for them to make a slightly out-of-spec (time to diet) :mummy: belt size so we'll see how that plays out.

With everything I've heard about these folks....I'm quite stoked up about the whole thing. I use a Blade-Tech Stealth IWB for my Kimber Pro Carry Stainless. However, I only had a Fobus paddle handy for my new Kimber Gold Combat Stainless. I used it in an IDPA match yesterday. I thought I was going to lose my drawers 2 or three times :barf: . That cinched the deal (and my belt). Time for a real rig.

Wish me luck.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I called Rafter S today and spoke to Mr. Schafer (I assume). I had emailed my credit card info in a zip file and was not sure whether he had received it ok. We had a short but pleasant conversation. He said they are absolutely inundated with orders. this was interesting to me because for a man who really didn't need my business.....he was friendly and genuinely concerned about my order. What a nice change from other places I have dealt with. Places that are busy enough that they know they don't need your order. You know the type.
Anyways, he says that reliastically he's looking at two weeks give-or-take a couple days, however he officially says three weeks so as not to upset folks.

Stage one complete. The order is in the system. Let's see how it all goes.

Stay tuned.

:)

·
Registered
412 Posts
I ordered from them several months ago, and was immediately told I would have to wait three weeks. Less than 2 weeks later I had belt and holster in hand.

Rafter S Gunleather will do you right, even if you do have to wait, I think it would be worthwhile.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These folks seem honorable. If the gear takes 2 weeks...great, if it takes 3 weeks....fine, if it takes 4 weeks....I'm sure there is a legit reason.
You can't hurry art.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Many of us have already had multiple orders with them. My last belt took four weeks. This was delivered ten days or so ago. They are getting busier and busier.

You might get it in two weeks but I would expect minimum four based on what's showing up with me and others.

They mfg. excellent belts.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't want to bust your bubble or imply that I have all the answers, but I agree with climb14er, mine took about 4 weeks, plus/minus a day or two. I do think you'll be pleased with the product, and yes, they are good folks to deal with. I'm satisfied and will gladly purchase from them again.

Michael

·
Registered
249 Posts
Bought a belt and matching sharkskin holster about 6 months ago, was told 3 weeks and that is when it arrived. Just ordered another belt and holster last week, that being said ,I'am a very satisified customer. It will be worth the wait. Excellent value product.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's been 2 weeks. I realize that the holidays are gonna screw things up. First bead of sweat just popped out of my brow. gettin' antzy...:mummy:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Man, if you're getting antzy at two weeks, you might be busting a gut at four.

On the other hand, you might be surprised any day and I wish you the best.

However, to hold your blood pressure down, give it some time and let it flow.

Like I said, four weeks should do it. Maybe a squash more with the holidays. If Della and Steve are following this thread, then perhaps you might have it sooner.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I've ordered from Rafter S a couple times. I'm sure you'll be happy. they have been very good to deal with, friendly and pleasant on the phone, and their stuff (I've only ordered belts) is great. They sound busy. Don't be surprised if it takes three weeks or a little bit longer.

I am a very satisfied customer.

·
Registered
234 Posts
As others have said, keep your blood pressure down and let it flow, I've ordered holster and belt form Rafter S and both of them took 4 weeks to get even though they gave me an ETA of two weeks but bottom line is well worth the wait.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the words of encouragment everyone. I was pretty much joking. Although the frosted side of me wants it now...the unfrosted side of me says to wait and be calm.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Della called me on Monday to clear up a faulty CC# I gave her (whoops) and to clarify a couple details. They are starting on my rig and want it to be just right. Measure twice, cut once. I like that. They expect to ship Thursday or Friday. I can hardly wait.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well..???

So did you ever get your rig or what?? What did you think about it?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got it on the 22nd.
It was late so I had to shoot IDPA with a Fobus.
The rig is very nice.
The belt is just outstanding. The hoster is very plain but has some great features (such as the safety lock (it is a groove in the lether that seems to immobilize the safety when in the scabbard). This is especially nice since I have an ambidextrous safety that I constantly worry about.
The mag holders are outwardly simple. But they also have a well thought out feature. I got two single mag holders on clips. The clips are installed upside down to prevent them from pulling off of the belt when you pull upwardly to remove the magazines.
On every level the rig is as good...or better than I expected. If I had a complaint it would be the length of time taken to manufacture everything. However, my pride of ownership of a a custom made, hand-crafted work outweigh all that selfish crap. Every piece appears to be flawless. In addition it seems to be very comfortable to wear.

·
Registered
159 Posts
mine has arrived

My Rafter S arrived. It was ordered on 12-7, was at the house on 12-19. Must have got the speed treatment. Ordered a sharkskin belt, L/H holster, mag pouch and badge holder. The holster was requested with an aligator trim around the mouth. But since it is my birthday present the wife is hiding it and I havent seen it or tried it yet.

The anticipation of hte order arriving is one thing. But knowing it is in the house and not being able to have it. It's maddening.

jasonj

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Almost makes you want to get mugged...so you can say "see...you should have given it to me right away!".

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wait times!

Here are some of my wait times for holsters and/or full rigs from 3 different makers. This is for informational purposes for custom made leather, not a bashing exercise so the names have been left out on purpose!

Maker 1
Estimated 2 month / Delivered in 3

Maker 2
Estimated 1 month / Delivered in 2

Maker 3
Estimtaed 1 month / Pending - currently in month 5

1 - 20 of 20 Posts