1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a leather OWB holster and belt from Rafter S Gunleather today. I could not be happier with the quality and speed of service. Their service was very speedy as I placed my order less than 2 weeks ago and requested a different color thread than they normally used. I wish I had known about them before I ordered a belt and holster from a competitor that was twice as much. I believe their products to be every bit as good or better at a much better price.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Since this thread was already here, I'll just add to it. My cowhide belt arrived today as well. The quality and workmanship is very good. Honestly, they could charge more for the belt and I'd still of been happy with it. Good people to deal with, and quality at a reasonable price, a rare find today.

Michael

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Wow, must be the day for receiving items.

My Cordovan cowhide belt arrived earlier and the color and quality of the leather and stitching is excellent.

One thing I did notice is that the belt holes are a little bit off from my other Rafter belt, same size. Both belts fit well, though I have a bit more room to play re: my IWB in my other belt. I don't know how the holes could be different but for now, I'll wear it well.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I love my Rafter S belts. Just three days ago I received my black cowhide and brown alligator belts. I now have several Rafter belts. Very nice. :) Highly recommended.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The black cowhide I received for Xmas a while back is my favorite belt in my closet. Chalk up another "highly recommended" comment.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Erik said:
The black cowhide I received for Xmas a while back is my favorite belt in my closet. Chalk up another "highly recommended" comment.
I have belts made by Rafter S (two in cow-hide and one in
sharkskin), by Tucker and by Kramer.

Kramer Horse-hide belt is the thinnest but still high quality.

Tucker cow-hide belt is the thickest. Tucker seems to use
especially tough and thick cow-hide for his holsters and belts.

I like the Rafter S belts, and they're by far the least expensive
and therefore are the best value. My sharkskin belt from
Rafter S cost less than either the cow-hide Tucker belt or the
horse-hide Kramer belt (which was the most expensive at over $100)

Rafter S OWB holster is not the high quality as those made by
Tucker or Kramer, but the belts certainly hold their own regardless
of price.

The only thing I don't understand is why the inner piece is
dyed on Rafter S belts. :hrm: I'm sure it doesn't save Rafter S
any time or money when they dye the inner piece. Maybe
Rafter S uses dye that does not come off easily.

thanks

Jae

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I'll just throw in my $.02 as well. I have one Rafter belt and a few holsters and mag pouches. All are great quality and the price can't be beat. I'd look to them for my next purchase.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Saab1911, I asked to Rafter S about their dyes, Steve told me that they have a narrow choice of leather colors because they have choosen only those dyes that for sure don't stain clothes et al.
Regards, MAXM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts