1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree. I do not like them on a beautiful 1911. I guess they could serve a purpose, but as you stated, they look "unnatural".

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Agree. Don't like 'em at all. I'd never buy one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
First time I saw one thought it looked terrible. But have to admit, they have grown on me somewhat. I can see the practicality of them.

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
If you have a good amount of 1911’s already and you need a true working version of it, would it be better to substitute a Glock instead so you could have a rail or keep your 1911 with a rail. Come on cavemen, move on from the Stone Age and allow some accessories.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Proper 1911=no rail...

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
I have no problem with rails. Take the SA Operator with full rails, a very unique looking gun, the TRP also looks just fine without rails.

·
Banned
13,565 Posts
Rails on a 1911 are like a thong on a fat chick.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I dunno... I have two of them: a Kimber TLE-RL II, and a SA LW Operator. I actually HAVE a light on the Kimber, but it's not even my nightstand gun.

The SA looks beefier - a 21st century stance for my early 20th century 'perfection.' :cool: Of course it affects the performance not one whit, but I inexplicably like it.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Ten of my government model 1911s don't have a rail. One does. I never liked rails on a 1911 until I decided I needed an SA TRP Operator in 10mm. I had to buy a new holster to carry it.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I don't like rails on any handgun! Some you can't buy without a rail. On a 1911 a rail would be a deal breaker unless at a giveaway price.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Too many approach their guns like women shopping for purses and shoes...like it is a fashion statement.

Sometimes quality and performance needs are more important. The rail with a light sure is nice for certain applications.

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
Nothing looks finer in my eyes than a bone stock M1911A1. From a pure aesthetic perspective, my non-railed 1911’s look much more appealing to me than my railed ones, but thats where the love affair ends.

Conversely, my railed 1911’s are true performance machines in comparison, they can do what a non-railed 1911 can’t. They can stay on target better, recover from follow-up shots quicker and can accommodate an endless amount of railed accessories, thus making them ideal for a myriad of roles.

Seems like most handguns these days incorporate a rail - not many of them do it better than our beloved 100+ year old designed 1911.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
A plain Jane 1911 with No bells, no whistles, no frills, no freaking rails.

It took me four decades to accept nylon stocks on rifle.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Completely agree 1911 with rails are fugly, But a polymer gun without a rail actually looks weird.....dunno.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Do I like how they look? No.

Do I like a WML on my bedside 1911 (with handheld flash optional next to it)?

Yes.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts