1911Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I saw there is a gun show at the fairgrounds in Raleigh on the 19th and 20th of this month (Dixie Gun Shows). I've not been to one in NC yet (haven't lived here very long). For those of you who have, is it a show worth going to?

I'm not looking for any new firearms at this point, mostly parts and ammo. Specifically, I'd hope to see some tables (at least one!) with AR-15 gear (looking for an adjustable stock) and perhaps a couple of mags for my P14.

Anybody have any insight as to how this particular show is "flavored" before I lay out my 8 Bucks :biglaugh: ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I used to vend at Raleigh gun shows back when I was stationed at Fort Bragg. Shows back then were fantastic and lots of good deals.

John P..

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Raleigh, Greensboro & Lexington gunshows are pretty good. Stay away from the Winston-Salem show------all hype, no goods. Got one down in Montgomery co (Biscoe show)(don't know anything about this one) this weekend. Tracy

·
Registered
108 Posts
good show. one of my co-workers' father runs that show. i go every chance i get. maybe because of the vip treatment i get :)

ryan

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.

I guess I'll have to check it out.

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
The Raleigh show is pretty good. Look for a table with the guys called "Black Rifle Works" I think it is. They've got lots of quality AR goodies.

What kind of AR do you have? When we are able to get together and shoot at DPRC, you should bring it. I'll bring my RRA A2 and we'll have a good time.:)

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Almost forgot. For good ammo prices, check out Georgia Arms. They've got a huge table there and a great assortment of ammo. It's mostly remanufactured, but it's top quality for great prices. I use them for my calibers I don't reload.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
BrianMajors,

Don't mean to hijack the thread,

Do you know if "Black Rifle Works" comes to the Greensboro gunshow? I've heard about them before & I'm in the market in the next couple of months to either buy an upper & lower separtately or possibly a whole rifle. Thanks, Tracy

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Raleigh show is pretty good. Look for a table with the guys called "Black Rifle Works" I think it is. They've got lots of quality AR goodies.

What kind of AR do you have? When we are able to get together and shoot at DPRC, you should bring it. I'll bring my RRA A2 and we'll have a good time.:)
Cool. I'll definitely have to check them out.

I have a Colt (post-ban) Match Target (circa 1996). The factory upper is set up for service rifle (NM open sights). The custom upper is a flat top with weaver rail. It has a Wilson 1:8 24" fluted SS barrel (blackened) and NM bolt/carrier group. Optics are 8-32 X 50 with 1/8th MOA windage and elevation. Lower has a NM single stage trigger group. It's more accurate than I am! :rock:

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Tracy, I'm afraid I don't know if they go to the Greensboro show.

Para, that sounds like one sweet rifle ( or could that actually be...2 sweet rifles? :biglaugh: )

*edit* Here's their website. It shows only the Raleigh show on the schedule, but a call to them might get a more updated show schedule.
http://blackrifleworks.com/index.php?osCsid=9022817ff88561d741d58364aa373eb6

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Brian,

Thanks, The Greensboro show comes around in a couple of weeks/ a month and I'll look them up then. Tracy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Black rifle works

Dave Finez and the guys at BRW are at the greensboro show,if I were shopping for an ar15 i'd give him a call and gleem a ton of info from him as far as what you will be doing with it and the parts that will make it up.I have two from him and i have friends that have his rifles and were all very happy.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
I emailed Dave and he already responded back. He will be at the Greensboro show and I do intend to talk with him. He's already advised that he can do what I'm looking for and I look forward to having a BRW's rifle by summer. ($$$$ is the deciding factor right now) Thanks guys for your help. Tracy.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Went to the Greensboro show today. Talked to Dave and his guys. Got a LOT of good info. He will definitely be doing my AR this summer (washer & dryer went KB last month :bawling:) What I want he can do for $900 + tax. I can live with that. Hopefully before summer, but definitely by the end of summer. Tracy

·
Registered
50 Posts
I attended a gun show in Raleigh 3-4 weeks ago. I found some .45 brass (not new) and paid $30 for 500 cases. There was plenty of stuff there to spend your money on.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
the last Raleigh show was very good, better than i have seen in a very long time.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Greensboro was OK, but seemed like several "usual" vendors weren't there. Valiant Bullets in particular. Wasn't looking to purchase (or maybe a box or 2), but was looking more for price comparisons. Tracy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts