Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SPOILER ALERT

Looks like Rambo uses a 1911 in the new flick. just for one scene, but i'll take what I can get.

All in all it was a fun movie. well paced action with lots of guns. knives and bows too. but mostly guns. a mercenary team with Sig, FN, M4 and what looked like a Barrett .50 sniper rifle. The joke being that in one scene the Barrett is supressed, I don't know how feasible silencing a .50 is, but I know it wouldn't be as quiet as in the movie.

other .50 caliber action inlcuded the major action sequence of he movie which was old Johnny Rambo going through two cans of ammo on a big ol' Browning .50 machine gun. Very good scene, leaves you sort of feeling like it was your hands on the handles of the Ma Deuce and it takes a second to get over the ordeal.

My favorite part of the movie was it's "moral" if such a ridiculous action flick can have one, which was basically "bullets over bibles". The film really made out the pacifist missionary sorts to be naive and sort of stupid(except the pretty one, who was of course only naive). But of course they learn their lesson, that violence can be met only with violence if there is any hope of overcoming it.

My favorite line in the film is when the missionary guy asks Rambo to take his bunch into Burma on their mission to make a difference in the war ravaged country. Rambo asks him if he's bringing in any weapons, when he says no, Rambo tells him that he isn't going to change anything then.

Yes I know Sly Stallone is anti-gun and not one of the flock. I know lots of you won't see the movie so that you don't have to give any money to the dirty SOB. Okay, I get and respect that, feel free not to go on any tangents. I feel your pain, and choose a different path. I watch the movie and enjoy the mindless escapism(a shame really, since I'm sure the plight of the Burmese people shouldn't be reduced to silly entertainment).

One question? Did anybody ever read the original book, and did it have any interesting gun stuff in it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.