1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of Randall Magazines I want to disassemble and clean but am having a little trouble...After depressing the spring and chocking it with a punch, the follower refuses to drop out like on my other mags (mccormick).....Tempted to take needle nose and pry a bit but I really don't want to damage the best mags I have ever used...Am I missing some little trick?...

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
I have never had that problem with my Randall mags. Perhaps the pin you are using to catch the spring is catching on the lower leg of the follower. I've had that happen in the past. Don't try to pull the followers out with the pliers.

BTW, my Randalls are my best magazines too.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Molon Labe

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim...I'll try again...I'm sure I'll get it sooner or later...I put the pliers away....The mags are working fine, maybe I should just leave them alone...Use them in competition because they're so damn reliable...

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
I have a couple of long fiber brushes that I've bent in to a "U", they just fint inside a 1911 magazine. To do a quick clean of the magazines, I give 'em a squirt of brake cleaner and a fast brushing out with the follower in place.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Molon Labe

·
Registered
802 Posts
CJ

I bought a cheap dental pick that works well for that kind of stuff. I use it to catch the follower notch and pull the follower up. Sometimes they're held by the spring slightly and won't fall out.

Definitely don't force it however.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts