1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
My Dillon is all I could ask for in a range bag - inside pockets & storage areas specifically designed for guns, ammo & accessories. I have yet to see the one from Bagmaster yet, however.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Check out BlackHawk Industries! I popped for their "Comp-Shoot Range Bag" awhile back. http://store2.blackhawkindustries.com/cgi-bin/storenew.pl?setup=1&page=/new/fcat.html&cart_id=

It is a well thought out and extremely durable range bag. Though it only has one exterior zippered pocket (very likely for a small to med-sized pistol or range goodies), the interior is perfectly sized to accept two of those inexpensive black plastic pistol cases, 800 rounds of ammo, paper targets, duct tape and two muffs. It also features a modular velcro organizing system inside that allows all sorts of re-configuring.

However, I wish the exterior pocket was lined with something soft instead of pistol finish unfriendly cordura. I also wish it had two outer pockets - one on either side of the bag. Lastly, I wish the bag could be locked shut. THESE ARE MINOR, MINOR, MINOR ISSUES.

To be entirely honest, I must admit that I was sufficiently under-whelmed when I took my new range bag out of the box, but I changed my mind in less than 2-3 minutes because everything I wanted to put in it fit perfectly! It's a really neat range bag and I think I hit it right on.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Dear shooter45, The heavy canvas tool bags sold at stores like Home Depot make excellent shooting bags. They're relatively inexpensive and are designed to hold a lot of weight. Stay safe, Gary

------------------
What I want most from the government is to be left alone. GWT

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
There are cheaper bags, and there are more expensive bags. But I feel the Dillon is the best of the group for the money.

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
I did a lot of comparison shopping when I was looking for range bags. I was going to purchase a small, medium and large depending on how many pieces I was bringing with me--to range or to a class. I settled on the Bagmaster series. Great little functional touches. I did compare it to Blackhawk, which I liked as well (I have their tactial shotgun bag and some other Blackhawk products) and liked Bagmaster functionality better.

------------------
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Was looking into types of range bags and just couldn't decide on spending more money when I had a couple of heavy duty field bags lying around. Ended up converting one of my Filson twill bags as a range bag. Fits everything and it's hardy as hell. In other words, I found another use for an almost $200 bag that I wasn't using anymore. A tool bag would have been more cost effective.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have the Dillon back pack and like it because it doesn't look like a gun bag. I think it's cheaper than alot of others and comes with ton's of extra's. Give it a look before you buy. www.dillonprecion.com

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ha! After posting the above, I decided to see what I could get for my FIlson bag if I put it on eBay. Since it's a tad small for all my range stuff, I thought maybe I could take the proceeds and put it towards a new range bag. And what do you know? The auction has not ended and it has already passed $90! So I went out and bought the Eagle Industries Pro-Shooter range bag. Like the idea of the removable insert. Cordura non the less, black and fits 2 pistols and enough room for all my junk.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have two range bags. My large on is from Shooters Connection on the web and the other is from Shooting Systems. The bag from Shooters Connection is BIG! will hold 6 pistols, all kinds of ammo and anything else I can think of. I am trying to put a small refrigerator in it for this weekend (just kidding). The Shooting System bag is real nice , not as big, but very well made.

77Bronc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts