1911Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Christmas Idea!

Looking over "Bagmaster" catalog. Really not to sure how big of a bag to get?
Don't want something to small or to big.
Just started doing a little IDPA.
One or two pistols, 300 to 500rds of ammo at a time.
Any recomendation?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,980 Posts
Get the biggest bag you can find. Range bags are like gun safes. You'll outgrow it as soon as you get it home. :D

Good shooting.....RR

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I have a "small" Pro Shooter's bag from Bagmaster. It will fit four handguns in the two padded, removable, pistol packs that have their own seperate zippered compartments on each side of the bag. I think the small size designation is a bit of a misnomer because it is a pretty big bag, however it will also fit easily in my large gun safe on one of the shelves, which is pretty convenient.

Whatever size you get I think that you will be pleased with the Bagmaster product. They are really well made and hold up to being stuffed with ammo and guns regularly.

At one time I tried to carry some cleaning supplies in my range bag but ended up buying a medium sized fishing tackle box which holds it better in it's many seperate compartments, fwiw.

clic pic

·
Registered
674 Posts
Another vote for I-Shot. Quality product, designed by shooters. I never go to the range without mine.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I went to home depot and got one of the their tool bags.
It has pockets all the way around both inside and out. It has
enough room in it to carry a couple of pistols, my rifle rest, my
stapler, enough ammo that I would use for the day, My ear
muffs, all my magazines, staples, and a few tools for minor
repairs. I also keep all my targets rolled up in there. The best
part is they only cost I think it was $24.95 or $29.95. You find
them in the tool dept. I put pistols in there in their pistol rugs.
I also have a large towel in there that I lay out on the table
when I shoot.

·
Registered
363 Posts
This time last year I was wanting an I-Shot bag, but I-Shot did not have a website I could find and GunnersAlley was backordered. I found a great bag for $69.95 from Competitive Edge Dynamics-- padded, has all the bells and whistles, very heavy. www.cedhk.com

The I-Shot magazine pouches are great, too.

·
Registered
295 Posts
ishot shooting bags

try this, my mate helmie designed them for shooters specifically shooting IDPA. the bags rock. i sell them in the asia pacific and they are getting a small cult following here. cheers, guy

http://www.ishot-inc.com/

good luck with finding affordable quality!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I-Shot

I have to say I just got my I-Shot bad today and man am I happy. Plenty of room for anything you need to take with you to the range.

I highly recommend this bag!!!!!!!:rock:

·
Registered
877 Posts
If it's for shooting matches, smaller is better in range bags.

If you get a big one, it's too tempting to load it with all of your stuff (most of which you don't need with you) and it becomes a serious burden to carry, especially when it's hot and/or you have rough terrain at the range.

And ideal compromise to one of the enormous range bags that also contains a much smaller "stage bag." You leave the big bag in your vehicle (and use it to move all of your stuff at one time), then carry the smaller stage bag with your during the match with the gear you actually need.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Pro-Shooters Bag padded - Competitors model

I haven't had mine very long, but so far I really like it.

I normally leave 2 guns in it -- Browning BuckMark .22 & ~500rds and Browning Hi-Power 9mm & 200-300rds. Add a couple of earmuffs, targets, staple-gun and misc and it gets pretty full -- and pretty heavy. I don't THINK I'd want it much bigger. There's also still room for a shooting belt / holster / mag holders & a 3rd gun.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Wal-Mart sells a nice range bag with a matching zippered pistol case for $20.. It fairly big, I know it holds all my pistol and rifle stuff for the range.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts