1911Forum banner

Range Finder

865 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  George Smith 
#1 ·
What is a good choice in a range finder Bushnell, Nikon or Lieca( for up to 1000yrds).

#3 ·
I have the Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 and I like it fine (especially the deal I got it for). But if I were buying one now, I would definitely go with one of the "Compact" models. The Yardage Pro 800 and the Nikon's are both about the perfect size. The Leica is a bit bigger, but it's also in the same price range, and I have heard nothing but excellent things about it.

#4 ·
I haven't used any brand except for Bushnell, and I sold that one. The 800 yd. ranger-finder was pretty decent, but in rainy or low light conditions, it was sometimes hard to get an accurate reading. IDK, maybe mine wasn't a good barometer for measuring the product as a whole.

#5 ·
I like the leica a Lot!
I belong to a 500 yd range and from 100 to 500 yards the targets are within 1 yd. of the # given. It also averages, not a one shot beam. When I got around to reading the manual there is a feature that is great.
You see a object you want to check. You pick it up in the 7x eye piece and it gives the distance, click again it tells you what the distance to the background is. KooL!
lastly it is 800 met. under the battery cover is a switch that selects yards. I think it is
goes out to 875 yds!
geo ><>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.