1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a SA 1911 A-1 through a internet gun forum. The pistol was advertised as a Range Officer model but is not marked as such. The serial number does start with NM. Cany anyone direct me tovserial numbers that could tell me if it is a Range Officer?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Go to Springfield site.
When I registered one of mine it came back as this:

Serial Number:NM455940
Model: 1911 9MM RO MODEL, CARBON STEEL PK
Purchase Date: 07/08/2016

The only thing besides the case saying Range Officer was the words on the wood hand grips.
My first RO is a .45 and it’s hand grips didn’t say Range Officer

This is all they say as to model.

·
Registered
I'm a Ruger man.
4,419 Posts
My Range Officer says Range Officer on the slide.

Yours looks like a Milspec

·
Registered
65 Posts
My Range Officer Compact is not marked RO anywhere on it, including the grips. It is marked Compact and the box is marked SA RO Compact. The s/n on the box and gun match.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My Range Officer says Range Officer on the slide.

Yours looks like a Milspec
They are both Range Officer’s

As I said the only thing that proves it is Springfield’s records and the original cases with holster, mag holster and pic rails on the side of the cases.

·
Registered
150 Posts
This is from Springfield site for my first Range Officer

Serial Number: NM299825
Gun Model: 1911 .45 RO MODEL,CARB STL PACKAGE
Purchase Date: 01/08/2013

As I said upload the serial number in the warranty registration page and it will tell you what it is.

My TRP registration says it’s a TRP, my buddies Mil Spec registration says it’s a Mil Spec. My RO’s registrations say RO. It exactly matches the UPC code sticker nomenclature, without the UPC code.

Not rocket science here.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have a Range Officer compact and the box is the only mention of Range Officer, no where on the pistol does it say it yet Springfield Armory has it listed as a Range Officer compact by the serial number.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts