1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Daughter home to help me prep for moving to Denver.
Before we do any work, however, we went out and played for a little while this morning. She shot the SigP229 9mm for the first time while I finished off 50 reloads and 100 factory Blazers through the CBOB.

The Dan Wesson mags DO NOT LOCK BACK after either the reloads or factory ammo. The McCormick mags lock back every time. The gunsmith examined the DW mags and showed me how much lateral play there is in the bottom lip of the follower. The DW's do lock manually, but not after last fired round. I'll need to follow up with DW later on that!

Kate did pretty well, still learning the sight picture and not flinching, plus she's gonna need to work on her hand strength as she got tired after a single 10rd mag. She did should the CBOB once and that was ENOUGH!! Too Much Big BANG!for her.

I finished off 50 rds of reloaded ammo with two FTF's, but when I got into the Blazer the Classic ate them up like nobody's biz, so the ONLY issue was the DW mags. Pretty happy with the overall accuracy as far as repeatingly hitting the same spot, however, my aim is on the bull and I seem to be consistently a smidge high and left. Will need to work on smoothing out the trigger pull I think...

Pictures posted herewith below for viewing...:rock:

The Daughter!

The Daddy!

Two Mags of .45 RELOADS:( through the CBOB

And another two mags...Factory Blazer!!

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
I think it's good shooting when they all hit the paper :)

claire

PS Where in Denver. You should try The Firing Line in Aurora.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's good shooting when they all hit the paper :)

claire

PS Where in Denver. You should try The Firing Line in Aurora.
Yep, she did great and every one of those hits would hurt the Bad Guy.
More practice and comfort and she'll be putting me to shame!

Probably in the Frederick-Erie area...

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
Yep, she did great and every one of those hits would hurt the Bad Guy.
More practice and comfort and she'll be putting me to shame!

Probably in the Frederick-Erie area...
They're building a new private club in Longmont called Triggertime. I'm hoping my Dad joins so I dont have to drive so far :)

claire

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Looks like it was a great day!!!!:rock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts