1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after a day off today, decided to take my first pistol out for her first shorts. Brought 50 rounds of white box Remington .45 230 Grain FMJ, and another box of Ultramax Reman .45ACP 230 Grain Lead. Only wanted to shoot about 150 rounds, but ended up going thorough both boxes. Not one FTF or FTE, every time I pulled the trigger it went bang in the direction where I pointed it. Trigger pull was nice, clean and crisp, like any quality 1911 trigger. It was heavy in the hand, due to being reinforced in the frame and slide, also having dual recoil springs made this the softest shooting .45 pistol I've ever shot. The weight does get annoying after a few hundred rounds, becomes heavy in the hand. The Trijicon Night sights where great, quick to acquire target with, and glow nice and bright during low level light situations. This biggest thing I took away was the accuracy, this is the first 1911 I've owned, but I have shot Ed Brown, Kimber's and Springfield, I was able to be the most accurate with this pistol. My shooting ability is defiantly behind this pistols accuracy potential. The Cerakote finish is nice, and looks cool getting dirty, did notice some nicks in it near the ejection port on the slide. Overall, I'm very happy about my purchase, I really think this pistol is a damn fine shooter, and a nice collection piece. Attached some pictures of the targets, again I'm not a great pistol shooter by any means.

·
Registered
482 Posts
That is one rugged looking gun, and thanks for sharing pics and reporting on the function.

Save some money for ammo, and pump some rounds through that baby!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the deal on this? How and where do they reinforce the frame and slide?
I have no idea, I know its beefier compared to the stock Colt Rail Gun its based off of. I shot it more today, ran another 100 rounds without a single issue. Only complaint is the Cerakote is showing sings of nicks right behind the ejection port, guessing thats where the empty brass hits it. Its a fine looking and shooting pistol!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I love the look of that pistol. It's just begging for dirt and holster wear. That's the kind of finish that seems to require character marks. It's honestly the most attractive looking 1911 out there to me.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw some pictures of USMC Marines running theirs all scuffed up, did have a nice appeal to it. When i brought it to the range, it had a lot of heads turning.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have no idea, I know its beefier compared to the stock Colt Rail Gun its based off of. I shot it more today, ran another 100 rounds without a single issue. Only complaint is the Cerakote is showing sings of nicks right behind the ejection port, guessing thats where the empty brass hits it. Its a fine looking and shooting pistol!
I know the dust cover is thicker but can't imagine a place on the frame to add material. I believe the slide serrations are moved more forward than the rail gun to prevent cracking.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
It is a good looking pistol. Enjoy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts