1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a chance to shoot my CD again today. Only got to shoot 50 rounds cause I was mainly testing a Colt Commander I had converted to 9mm and an M1 Carbine. Anyway, CD worked fine with USA 230gr ball reloads. Still not locking back on empty magazine but I'm not worried about that as long as it goes bang when I pull the trigger. Soon as I can get my reloading gear set back up I'm going to test some SWC. It shoots POA without adjusting sights. The more I shoot it the more convinced I am that this is possibly the best deal I've ever made. These other folks can keep their $1500 custom guns. For that I can have 5 CDs or $1200 worth of ammo and customizing.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Get a new slide stop. Even a cheap USGI would do the trick. Are you positive that your thumb isn't riding on top of that stupid(I hate all brands) extended slide stop?

[This message has been edited by Walking Point (edited 10-21-2001).]

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WP, it's very possible. I use the high thumb grip, thumb rests on safety. I'll try a standard slide stop next chance I get, got one in my commander.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nap,
You might want to check the plunger tube and pin. On my FS, I found the pin was not holding the slide stop firmly, and it would bounce up and down when firing. Actually the plunger tube was not machined properly, so instead of replacing the plunger tube, I had the pin filed down some so that it protruded more and it now functions properly. I also did what Walking Point suggested and replaced the slide stop with a new GI style stop.

Hope this helps.

Just my .02 worth.

[This message has been edited by hunter_h (edited 10-23-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts