1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the Rangemaster Advanced Combative Skills course last weekend in Georgia. I went to our normal Paladin Program session today. I can honestly say that my shooting today was better and more consistant than usual. Tom Given's and Jim Higginbotham's coaching last weekend payed off. I've been shooting for many years, but it still is helpful to get off one's home range and get some structured training under the scrutiny of talented instructors.

I've always been pretty good about scanning for additional opponents, but I've incorporated the 360 degree scan before holstering into my routine. It's almost reflexive now...just a few more reps!

I also shot out of one of Mike Benedict's Tactical Talon PDL holsters today. Generally, I don't like paddle holsters. They aren;t stable on the belt and don't hold the pistol in tight against one's side. The PDL has no such deficiencies. I don't know how Mike did it. The holster's design doesn't look like it would address these generic paddle holster complaints, but it does. Neat, secure, and fast.

Rosco

·
Super Moderator
13,519 Posts
Originally posted by Rosco Benson:
I also shot out of one of Mike Benedict's Tactical Talon PDL holsters today. Generally, I don't like paddle holsters. They aren;t stable on the belt and don't hold the pistol in tight against one's side. The PDL has no such deficiencies. I don't know how Mike did itRosco
Rosco,
I think it's his secret BBQ sauce.

I shot an IDPA match this morning and I too incorporate the offline step and the 360 scan.

------------------
"If she can cook chicken, she suits me to a T."
Ray Charles

1 - 2 of 2 Posts