1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a possibility that I may be going to the New Orleans Area for an extended stay. Anybody know of any shooting ranges, outdoor or indoor? The closest IDPA matches are in Princeton La. and that a 5 1/2 hour drive. Guess I'm gonna get a little rusty if I'm there for the projected 1 year duration.

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
There are two that I know of:

Shooters USA
357 Magnum Drive
Bossier City

Long Range Alley
2007 Highway 5
Grand Cane

Clyde

·
Registered
466 Posts
I thought NO was one of those places where if you see someone that looks like a gang member you can just take them out?

·
Registered
694 Posts
I thought NO was one of those places where if you see someone that looks like a gang member you can just take them out?
only if you are Steven Segall

I went to a range there years ago but i cant remember the name of it to save my life. I believe it was in Metarie

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are two local indoor ranges. Both are very close to the airport and about 15 minutes from downtown. There is a outdoor range in Garyville which is about a thirty minute drive from the airport. It is not very busy and a good place to go shoot. (The indoor ranges are good to shoot at as well. I am just not much of an indoor shooter.)

Jefferson Gun Outlet and Range
David Drive
Metairie, LA

Shooters Club
2338 Hickory Avenue
River Ridge, LA

Nicks Range
5192 Airline Hwy.
Garyville, LA

·
Registered
117 Posts
I went to NOLA for a few months to work after Katrina and rented an apartment in Fat City and there must of been an outdoor range that opened about 1:00 AM. I heard the shooting many nights:confused:

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I really looking forward to this trip. Lots of good food, good Blues, and Mardi Gras. It's a bummer about no IDPA in the area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts