1911Forum banner

Raptor 2 Opinions

1048 9
Hey there Guys! Just a quick question.Has anyone has experiance with the Raptor 2?Im cosidering one in the Commander size and would be used as a daily carry pistol.Im interested in reliability and accuracy.Im alittle skeptical about this possible purchase due to the fact that I have Warrior that is a real rattle trap.After about 200 rnds. the slide to frame fit seemed to degrade.I know this is not my imagination or misconcieved perception as I have a large number of 1911 pistols.Thanks in advance for any replies. Sincerly George JR.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
6,163 Posts
I bought a Pro Raptor this summer. FTE problems right away, Kimber replaced the slide with an interanl extractor model. I now have 1400 failure free rounds through it. Accuracy seems real good to me, but all I care about is being able to hit the middle of an IDPA or USPSA target.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kewl! THe one that Im looking at has the internal extractor.I like the way the overall feel of the gun but like I say Im really interested in the reliability and accuracy.My carry ammo is the Federal Hydra-Shok.I really hope it will feed ok If I buy this thing.

· Registered
76 Posts
Don't know yet

Just got back from a gun show with a brand new Pro Raptor II with the internal extractor. I'm planning on running a few rounds through it tomorrow, I'll give you an opinion after that.

Rock

· Registered
235 Posts
I've had a Pro Raptor II for a few months; it's my only 1911. It has an external extractor and I've put about 600 -700 rounds of Winchester white box 230 grain FMJs through it without any problems. The pistol is very accurate and the perceived recoil is no greater than any of my 9mm autos. My only extractor-related complaint is that it throws the brass in my face too frequently. Bottom line: I really like this pistol.

· Registered
76 Posts
Put 200 rounds of 230 gr FMJ through it today, 1 FTF and 1 FTE but that was a plastic dry fire snapcap so I'm not counting that.. Shot low (probably me), but nice groups so it is pretty accurate. Overall - it's a keeper.

Rock

· Registered
56 Posts
I own an Ultra Raptor. I carry it all the time. It is only available with the internal extractor. It ran fine with Federal Hydra-Shock JHP 165 grain, Winchester 230 FMJ, Blazer 230, Blazer Brass 230, and Wolf 230. I think that’s all I used so far. No problems at all. This is a great pistol. I can shoot a 1 to 1.5 inch groups all day with it at 7 yards. It feels great and looks sharp. I did tighten the internal extractor a little. It is very easy to do. I highly recommend it.

I also own a Pro CDP II with the internal extractor. Great gun as well. I will own a Warrior too as soon as it come in. I waited a month so far. Hope it come soon and shoot as well as my others. Good luck with making your decision.

· Super Moderator
17,661 Posts
I have a Raptor II and have had zero problems at all. I have shot most brands of factory, and both jacketed and cast bullets in it without a single problem or malfunction. Mine will shoot better than I can; so far I can consistently get 1.25" groups at 25 yards.

· Registered
75 Posts
I purchased a Pro Raptor (external extractor) in the spring and with approximately 1000 rounds throught it I can say it is as reliable as my Custom Classic.

It is very reliable when oiled and clean. I have noticed that once you shoot a 100 plus through it, you might get a FTF. Tap the rear of the slide and your good.
As for accuracy, I am able to shoot 2 inch groups at 20 yards. One ragged hole at 30 feet.

In all I am very happy with the pistol. I carry it daily in a VM II and it is very comfortable. I will continue to carry it until I'm able to purchase a Wilson Proffessional with a bobtail. Good Luck

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the input! I did buy a Raptor 2 and so far have been happy with the fit and accuracy of this pistol.On the first 50 - 75 rnds. I had many failure to go to batterie but was able to solve that problem after reading some posts and advice on this forum.After some really basic file and polish work it fed like a champ with all kinds of ammo.This is one of the few 1911s that I dont feel the urge to do anything custom to or change,I so far am really enjoying this one.Sincerly George JR.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.