1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can get a NIB Razorback (Serial under 200) for about $800.

Any concerns with serials below 200? Price okay? TIA.

Edited to add: Any problem adding ambis to the RB? I'm a lefty.

JMag

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thats about average for the price. There are no concerns as far as serial numbers go. The first 150 alittle different but all mine are after that. Youll love it .

·
Registered
248 Posts
I know that this won't be of much help, but I just recently got my first Dan Wesson pistol. It is my first 1911, and my first 10mm also. The serial number on my gun is under 100, and it is a pointman major.
I say GET THE THING!!! These weapons are amazing! I can't believe the quality that you get for the cost. I can't give any words of experienced wisdom, but if I get a chance to get another one of these things, I'm gonna' get it....probably in .45ACP next time. Nothing wrong with the 10, i just don't want duplicates!:D

·
Registered
272 Posts
I paid $819 for mine. Then another $100 for a fitted 40S&W barrel. This was a sub 150 gun.

However I've read some threads on here where people are gettiing them for $650 or so? Maybe do a search, oir maybe someone will re-post the dealers that had them at that price.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yotehunter Creds???

Pardom me here folks but didn't yotehunter just write that the average price is $800.00 for a Razor??!!
Please scroll down to the gun sales forum and note that Yote just sold TWO Razors for $600.00 each.
This would bring to mind several questions involving doorbusting the so called perfect ten millimeter?

·
Banned
5,951 Posts
PR....
What gun sale forum? There is no gun sale forum on this board.

If yote sold them for $600 a piece, then he didn't lose much of anything on his original purchase. Originally, dpc posted that yote got his RZs for $600 each. The info caused such a buzz here that dpc later came back and posted that he was just kidding about the price. Yote, confirmed that he got an exceptionally good price prior to dpc posting that he was just kidding. (Hmmmmmm?)

Bottom line....according to my dealer, at one point in time he was getting calls from one distributor offering a $599 price on RZs while he was waiting for his original shipment of RZs from DW. Knowing that, yote could have gotten his RZs for $600 each if his friendly dealer helped him out and passed on the great distributor price to yote.

Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Yote is a customer and friend of mine, and I had posted about a supposed $600 purchase price as a ;) way to stir up some conversation around the then-dead board. I believe 'yote did get good deals on his RZ's, but don't believe he got $600. Where ya at, 'yote? And yes, there was a distributor who was offering near $600 (to dealers only) for just a limited time, but that is long gone, and it was for post S.N. 150 guns. JMag, if you like the gun, I'd say go for it. There are those on this board who paid close to $1000 for a sub-151 RZ. In that light, 'yote's $800/average figure is pretty darn close.

·
Registered
333 Posts
SCF

Yuppers, it was on The High Road that I seen the guns sell so cheap. Sorry, I still wonder why yote didn't PM the DW list members and why the guns were door busted?
PS,
I tuned a friends Razor yesterday since it had the standard loose extractior and he's planning on using the thing Sunday for his CCW class.
Bushing fit was excellent!
Frame to slide fit was excellent!
OAL Finish was excellent
Now the foibles,
mainspring is way to light and obviously out of spec! Note, the way to a clean trigger break IS NOT to lighten the mainspring.
The barrel link had a serious hitch in it's giddyup.
High spots left unevenly on the upper lugs and hood.
PSS, the 1911 feed froms from a magazine and I really see no need to chearance cut the feed ramp from the 10 o'clock to the 2 o'clock therein exposing approxamately 270 degrees of smiley faced unsupported brass.
This particular example has less chamber support than the several Glock 20s examined in front of customers at Gun Runners Anchorage/

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
RZ 104

My dealer still has RZ 104 NIB at $750...if you are interested.... Allen at Shooters..... his email : [email protected]

Art

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hey guys, I never said that I paid 600.00 for mine and dpcdivr was just having alittle fun when he posted that to stir the pot alittle. He also retracted the statement in the next post because so many feathers were ruffled over it.
As far as what I paid for mine is not important, I did get a good deal on them from my dealer. I also spend alot of money at that shop and I help him out now and then so it was just alittle payback from him to me, nothing more.
As far as not posting anything here because I figured I dont really need 5 of them, well I know I cant post anything here and I have know idea how to send all the members IM's.
I would have loved to give all here a chance at them, but I also play by the rules and didnt want to break the rules here.
The price I sold them at I feel was a smokin deal and they were all gone thru by dpcdivr so I didnt make money off of them in fact I lost. I am going to keep 2 of my Razorbacks, they are great pistols and I really like them I just really had alot tied up in 5 of them and im working on acouple different projects now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Razorbacks have been shipping for under a year. Mine, 054, arrived in July.

Call DW and ask to confirm that the safety can be done in Ambi, or in lefty. I think it is quite standard

Of course that will RUIN your collector's value. (wink, nudge). Didn't I hear that Iggy just sold his for 1.5 million or so?

$800 give or take a hundred ought not to matter, if you can afford shooting 10mm. Why you might save that hundred in the first case of ammo if you choose something in 9mm instead.
(Midway price on 1000 rounds of Remington:
10mm $304.50
9 mm $194.00)

Course I chose 10mm and a Razorback.

Make sure it fits your hand. My wife and daughter find that they can't quite grip the 10mm properly, so wife chose a single stack in 9mm.

Do you have a support network? I chose to get into reloading to help keep cost down. Most of my troubles with the RZ to date have been related to either the magazines or my reloading. Am glad for those around me with experience / wisdom to share.

The first 150 (most of which are under ser. no. 200) had some choices: 1) extra mags engraved with matching serial numbers (I bought 5); 2) choice of no front cocking serrations; 3) choice of fixed sights.
Naturally, some of us dream that ours will become a valuable, rare, sought after, collectors items. Most of us are gonna shoot it anyway.

Fair price is what you and the seller agree on.

regards

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I just got my RZ today. #231.
First thing I did was put my camo grips on it that I bought from Aluma Grips. Looks pretty cool. Cleaned it and now I can' twait to shoot it. Will be a couple of weeks before I can though. The only concern that I have of it right now is the grip safety is a little touchy. Pretty decent trigger though. Will post a range report here in a few weeks when I get to shoot it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all.

Thanks for help. I have not jumped to the RB as of yet as Sig's recent 1911 announcement (Granite) has garnered more interest even though no ten...yet!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts