1911Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a RCBS Rep posting on TFL now. I asked about auto indexing for the Pro 2000 and this is the reply I got. I thought a lot of you would find this interesting.
Rusty

Pro 2000 Auto Indexing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI there, Auto Indexing for the Pro 2000 will be available this year. It will be shown at the Shot Show and should be available for sale shortly after. The Press will still be available as a manual index or you can chose the auto index version. All owners of Pro 2000 can update to auto index. The full list price for the conversion is $99.95. You will find this less through companies where you purchase your reloading products. Hope this helps and have a great weekend. Will be back on Monday

·
Registered
582 Posts
Gander Mt. was out.

Was in the local Gander Mt. store a couple of weeks ago and noticed that they did not have any Pro 2000's. Maybe they didn't restock them as they're waiting for the newer version. Might have to trade a couple firearms I don't use in on one when they're on the shelves. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
14,937 Posts
I think that's great news from a great manufacturer of reloading products. I use a Dillon 650, but have done some loading on a 2000. I do prefer auto-indexing, and I don't like the strip primers.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just saw the auto index upgrade on MidwayUSA today for around $79. Somebody had a link posted on another forum.
Rusty

·
Registered
27 Posts
ok. I'm sure this is a stupid question...

but what is auto-indexing? I ask because I'm just now collecting the equipment to start reloading (have an RCBS Pro 2000 :D) but I have no idea what auto-indexing is :)

Melody the neophyte

·
Registered
126 Posts
Melody, with the current Pro 2000 you have to manually turn the shell plate each time you pull the handle. With auto indexing every time you pull the handle, the shell plate moves.

This means that every time you pull the handle to drop the powder the shell plates moves one position. It keeps you from dropping a double charge.

Hope this makes sense.

Tom

·
Registered
27 Posts
This means that every time you pull the handle to drop the powder the shell plates moves one position. It keeps you from dropping a double charge.

Hope this makes sense.

Tom
Hi Tom. Yes it does make sense. Thank you for the explanation. Now to go over to Midway USA and mark it to be notified when it comes in so I can order it. :)

Thank you :)

Mel

·
Registered
14 Posts
i was riased with an rcbs rockchucker i wont say i will never have a dillon but for the money the rcbs line is what im ganna use for many years and i think i might check into thier progresive loaders.

·
Registered
14,937 Posts
So, when will the electric case feeder be coming along? :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts